News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic KX-T61610 Arrived!

Started by DavePEI, March 01, 2012, 10:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

Slightly off-topic, but does your Panasonic show where it was made?

It was announced today that Panasonic are closing PBX manufacture in South Wales and moving to Vietnam. 160 jobs lost, after  140 jobs were cut at the Newport factory in 2009.

DavePEI

Quote from: Owain on March 02, 2012, 05:33:30 PM
Slightly off-topic, but does your Panasonic show where it was made?

It was announced today that Panasonic are closing PBX manufacture in South Wales and moving to Vietnam. 160 jobs lost, after  140 jobs were cut at the Newport factory in 2009.

On the front label, it says made in Japan..

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

gpo706

Now you just need a DSS console for ext 12 Dave...
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

AE_Collector

Quote from: DavePEI on March 02, 2012, 05:35:03 AM
I would like to be able to block all outgoing toll calls through the KSU (i.e. all prefixed by 1)

Don't forget to consider blocking "0" as well. "0" can be used to acess the operator and make a LD call and possibly 011 International calls.

Then there is "911". You have to carefully consider that one as blocking it could be bad but on phones in a museum where kids can play with them, 911 could easily be something that comes to mind for them to goof around with.

In most areas there is a charge for using "411" Directory Assistance as well.
Consumer Tip - Use a Payphone for FREE Directory Assistance. (here at least, probably all of Canada, other areas unknown)

On Key Systems and PABX's in normal use we had to put special programming in that would allow 911 to be accessed by dialling 911 OR 9-911 to cover both possibilities.

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_collector on March 02, 2012, 08:51:02 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on March 02, 2012, 05:35:03 AM
I would like to be able to block all outgoing toll calls through the KSU (i.e. all prefixed by 1)

Don't forget to consider blocking "0" as well. "0" can be used to acess the operator and make a LD call and possibly 011 International calls.

Then there is "911". You have to carefully consider that one as blocking it could be bad but on phones in a museum where kids can play with them, 911 could easily be something that comes to mind for them to goof around with.

In most areas there is a charge for using "411" Directory Assistance as well.
Consumer Tip - Use a Payphone for FREE Directory Assistance. (here at least, probably all of Canada, other areas unknown)

On Key Systems and PABX's in normal use we had to put special programming in that would allow 911 to be accessed by dialling 911 OR 9-911 to cover both possibilities.

Terry

Not quite quite sure how to do that, but I am sure it can be done. Time to hit the manual again. It is very programmable, but like the Norstar, very confusing to learn how to program at first.....

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

Quote from: gpo706 on March 02, 2012, 08:37:24 PM
Now you just need a DSS console for ext 12 Dave...

Well, I don't know if I would bother. I will likely only use the proprietary phone only when programming. Most of the phones connected will be display phones located in the room, all of them POTS.

All of a sudden in the spring, that room will come to life. By then, I should have two more payphones, and have the explosion proof phone, one of the Grays to mount there, plus the many 500, 2500, 554, 2554 phones in the room. Between the two TLS simulators and the KSU, I should be able to make pretty well everything there demonstratable. Oh, also, there is that room's Norstar KSU to the museum's main system. Every room has at least one of them, three for demos in the main area.

I wound up with the spare room when I had the office combined in the workshop in the kitchen of the museum building last spring - this was originally the old office. It gives me some much needed additional display area without opening up the top floor yet.

I will have to move many of the bagged 500s and 2500s upstairs into storage - at least my slaves will have to help me move them :-) Those that remain will be operational for demos, as will the newer payphones and explosion proof set.

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Owain

Quote from: DavePEI on March 02, 2012, 06:20:29 PM

On the front label, it says made in Japan..

The way things are going, that will be collectable in the future :-(

gpo706

Dave, you could use a 16 or 32 station DSS console as a unit in another room as a remote monitor to see which handsets are being used or accidentally left off hook.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

DavePEI

Quote from: gpo706 on March 03, 2012, 06:56:54 PM
Dave, you could use a 16 or 32 station DSS console as a unit in another room as a remote monitor to see which handsets are being used or accidentally left off hook.
True enough...
C*NET 1-651-0001