News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What's missing from the subset?

Started by Greg G., June 19, 2013, 04:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

From the looks of it, there appears to be something missing, but I'm not sure what.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

I cannot even tell what the picture is of.
-Bill G

Greg G.

It's one of these, like the ones that lady who had the green and red versions of last year (I forget what they're called).
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Brinybay on June 19, 2013, 04:21:36 PM
From the looks of it, there appears to be something missing, but I'm not sure what.

The easiest answer is "black paint" ;D

Larry

G-Man

The one shown in the photos is different from the others. It would be nice to see what is inside.

It does not appear to be a conventional subset.

Are there any markings?

HarrySmith

Picture of the bottom of one of the color GN sets for reference.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Greg G.

It appears to be a GN4676, but the base bottom looks different than the few examples I've seen.  I'm a little suspicious of that red wire peeking out of the bottom of the D1.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4593.0

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=7161.15

- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on June 19, 2013, 06:05:02 PM
Quote from: Brinybay on June 19, 2013, 04:21:36 PM

The easiest answer is "black paint" ;D

Larry

Hardy, har, har!   :D
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Greg....I do not think this is the sought after GN4676. It had a depressed base in the bakelite cover. Your cover appears to be metal. I think this is a home brew....Doug
Kidphone

G-Man

Are there any markings? As Doug answered, it most likely a home-brew version cobbled out of various pieces of equipment. Do you have any photos of the inside?

Greg G.

Quote from: G-Man on June 19, 2013, 09:37:05 PM
Are there any markings? As Doug answered, it most likely a home-brew version cobbled out of various pieces of equipment. Do you have any photos of the inside?

I don't possess the phone, and I've asked for pics of the inside but no response.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: Doug Rose on June 19, 2013, 08:06:40 PM
Greg....I do not think this is the sought after GN4676. It had a depressed base in the bakelite cover. Your cover appears to be metal. I think this is a home brew....Doug

I think you're right.  I'm also very suspicious of what appears to be a gold colored base of a later phone seen through the hole.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111099916900
- Mike Row
e