and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New In Box Blue 302 5K

Started by Doug Rose, January 25, 2017, 05:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Kidphone

TelePlay

Sure is pretty but I think the seller has either one too many 9's or an extra 4 in the price.   ;)

Doug Rose

Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 25, 2017, 05:52:28 PM
I think its a steal

You might be right. Only been on eBay for 4 hours now and it does have 22 watchers already.

This one, not NOS but in nice condition sold for $2,600 in 2014 ( somebody named "Doug Rose" won that contest ).

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11562.0

The blue's do generally sell for more than any other color. So, being NOS with a couple years inflation, you may indeed be right.

Too rich for my wallet . . .  ;)

Jim Stettler

It is probably worth it, but not to me. I would of started the auction @ 3K and let it run for a week.
JMO,
JimS.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

wds

I agree he's a couple thousand too high, but on the other hand I see phones sell for way too much on EBay almost daily.  it's all about timing - having a nice phone on eBay the same day someone with a lot of money is cruising eBay for a nice blue phone.   
Dave

Payphone installer

I remember when this sold the first from a collector and I know what he bought it for.you would cry. I bought a red one at a show in Indy in the box for 150.00. How times have changed.

JimH

Jim H.

andy1702

Still about $3,500 too high! There's no way it's worth that much.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

andre_janew

This may be a case where price is determined by anal extraction.

HonestAbe

"When I started out, all I did was play my trombone."
-Ray Conniff

Payphone installer

This is not the one I thought it was. So there are at least two out there in the box.

andre_janew

Were you thinking of the  blue one without the dial selling for $369?

Babybearjs

last I saw, the originals were going for about $1K.
John

Dan/Panther

I have notoriously had very bad luck when it comes to special 302's. It would be my luck, if I had the money to buy it, the very next week another would show up with a $1000.00 BIN price. About 6 years ago I purchased a minty Peking Red 302, for North of $900.00. Now they go for $300.00.
I think we need a law, that says, "No one can buy an item for less than the seller paid for it paid for it". IT COULD HAPPEN.

PLEASE ! :o

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson