News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

W.E. Candlestick

Started by wds, February 19, 2011, 06:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

I purchased my first Western Electric Candlestick, 40al, and after disassembling to clean it, I discovered that the receiver arm/hook is not the correct arm for this phone.  It's actually an arm for a wood wall phone.  So I contacted a supplier for a replacement arm, and he sent me this picture.  My question is, is this an authentic part, or a repro?  It is nice and heavy looking, but at the same time doesn't have that nice finished smooth edge to it.  This is my first WE, so I have nothing to compare it to.  Can anyone share their experience with me?
Dave

rdelius

That is not a repro, It is an earlier stick switch hook that has been modified .Might have been a non insulated hook modified for an insulated stick
Robby

wds

I've search the entire internet, and this forum also, for pictures of WE switch hooks, and the closest match I've been able to find is Kidphones #22 WE candlestick he posted pictures of a couple weeks ago.  The style of the arm does resemble mine.  I'm going to take a chance and buy the arm - who knows, maybe I'll come across an even older candlestick than my 40al that needs this arm.  
Dave