News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I Need a Leich 601L Diagram

Started by LarryInMichigan, October 12, 2010, 05:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

My Leich 601L arrived today, this time without any damage, but it does not work.  There is no line cord, and the wiring to the dial is obviously not original.  I tried connecting a line cord to the most obvious terminals, but without success.  I suspect that other wires are going to the wrong places, but I cannot find a wiring diagram.  The telephonecollectors.info website does not have a drawing for this model.  Can anyone provide a drawing?  

Thank You

Larry

Adam

Try reconnecting that white wire that looks like it's supposed to go to the dial on the top screw in the picture...
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Jim Stettler

I always thought those were Magneto only sets.

It is the older convertable, isn't it?

I would like to see a front view when it is back together.
Jim

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

LarryInMichigan

I am afraid that the wiring issue goes beyond the dial wire. 

This is the phone from my earlier post: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3518.0.  These do normally appear in the magneto variety.  This model is the predecessor of the Liech 700.

Larry

LarryInMichigan

I think that I have it sorted out now, after a bit of help from Roger Conklin on the TCI group.  He suggested looking at the diagram for the CB conversion of the Leich 901, which I had overlooked.  The 601 wiring is somewhat different than the 901, but I was able to adapt it.

Larry

Kenny C

Conklin Conklin where have I heard that name????????
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

poplar1

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on October 12, 2010, 05:03:08 PM
My Leich 601L arrived today, this time without any damage, but it does not work.  There is no line cord, and the wiring to the dial is obviously not original.  I tried connecting a line cord to the most obvious terminals, but without success.  I suspect that other wires are going to the wrong places, but I cannot find a wiring diagram.  The telephonecollectors.info website does not have a drawing for this model.  Can anyone provide a drawing?  

Thank You

Larry

I don't have a diagram, but I do have an original dial harness if you want it.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

LarryInMichigan

I haven't done much with this phone in the past two years, but I do occasionally use it.  An original wiring harness would be nice.  I am going to be awfully busy for the next several weeks though, so if it is alright, let me get back to you at a later date.

Thank You

Larry