"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 226: WE Ivory 302 with cloth cords - Ended 09-11-16

Started by TelePlay, September 05, 2016, 01:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on September 06, 2016, 09:11:42 AM
Sorry, I scanned through your post too quickly, I thought you were in favor of it being -50.

Then you missed the point of the post entirely.  It was to try to determine authenticity, not favoritism.
I realize I write a lot, but I don't know how to make that point any shorter, without loosing even more readers, because the details are not widely understood by collectors.

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

And the winner of Auction Contest #226 is Kenton K who with the 3rd entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $101.00 to give him his 4th auction contest win by $0.50 over JimH who guessed $125. That $1 over $100 gave Kenton K one of the smallest of margin wins in some time. In fact, had he guessed $100, we would have had TWO winners with a tie. Anyway, once again a big congratulations go out to Kenton K for another win (and it's been awhile since his last win in Contest #157) in the CRPF Auction Contests and for moving up another rung in the Contest Standings.

While this phone started off slow and stalled, the last 10 seconds were quite exciting seeing 5 new bidders join the auction and 4 of those were last second snipes with the winning bid being placed by 2***m ( 1497 ), his first and only bid, placed but 4 seconds before the auction ended to take the phone home for $112.50. Those 4 first time bidder snipes were all placed within the last 8 seconds of the contest and drove the price up from a measly $34 to $112 plus two quarters, apparently the current market price for that specific phone. The phone was listed at $4.99 and over 7 days, it attracted 10 bidders placing 18 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 226 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

Kenton K

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

It seems high for this, painted handset does not match. 5J is nice, but these finger wheels are tough to find. Not readily available like the "6 with the tiny hole. It's tough to match a handset to it even when you bleach. Just my opinion....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 12, 2016, 04:27:08 PM
It seems high for this, painted handset does not match. 5J is nice, but these finger wheels are tough to find. Not readily available like the "6 with the tiny hole. It's tough to match a handset to it even when you bleach. Just my opinion....Doug

See reply 12. This may be a WE variation.
Jim S.

======================

EDIT: Maybe Reply 11? Someone may have deleted a reply, the link will work regardless of such deletions.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16716.msg172844#msg172844
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.