News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 500 red color question

Started by cchaven, October 30, 2010, 06:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

That's actually one of the reasons WE 53 is my favorite phone color.  Not only does it change color in flash photos, but it looks different in different room light.  It's, like, spooky...

(I think I'm still in Halloween mode...)
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Dan

Here's a good picture of a true 53 red. My wife has a beautiful camera ;D

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Adam

Computers just aren't any good for this, unless you have a professionally calibrated big-bucks graphics system.

That pic may look correct on your computer, but on my iMac the red is way too bright...
Adam Forrest
C*Net 1-383-4820

Adam

Here's a pretty pic I snarfed a while back from eBay.  On my screen, this looks very close to correct color for WE 53.  But YMMV.
Adam Forrest
C*Net 1-383-4820

cchaven

Quote from: masstel on November 02, 2010, 01:47:40 AM
Here's a pretty pic I snarfed a while back from eBay.  On my screen, this looks very close to correct color for WE 53.  But YMMV.

On my screen that one looks really close to the color mine actually is as well.  Don't get me wrong, the other red phones are pretty too!

Jeff

bingster

Looks like the right color on my screen, too.
= DARRIN =

Russ Kirk

Quote from: masstel on November 02, 2010, 01:40:15 AM
Computers just aren't any good for this, unless you have a professionally calibrated big-bucks graphics system.

That pic may look correct on your computer, but on my iMac the red is way too bright...

Guess everyone's systems are a little different.

I have an HP laptop with a separate HP LCD monitor with one internet connection and an iMac with a separate internet connection. I viewed the page and the same photo  - this one - and for me, the reds look the same on all 3 screens.  

Hue, saturation and lighting (sun, fluorescent and incandescent) may account for a little different red from different photos.

Russ....

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI