News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE Network Capacitors

Started by stub, November 03, 2010, 04:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Does anyone know the value of the purple and the yellow capacitors in AE networks? I need to get one of each . Phone got wet one time too many and the caps rusted out.     Thanks ,         stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

bingster

You should be able to get them at Radio Shack for a dollar or less each.  You can get them cheaper at online cap suppliers, but then you have to pay shipping.
= DARRIN =

stub

bingster,
             I need to know the value ,  ?  mfd.   200 volts mounted on the network. Not the .47 for the ringer.    stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

bingster

I'm sorry, when you said value, I thought monetary value, rather than capacitance value.  ;D

= DARRIN =

AE_Collector

Quote from: stub1953 on November 03, 2010, 04:00:45 PM
Does anyone know the value of the purple and the yellow capacitors in AE networks? I need to get one of each . Phone got wet one time too many and the caps rusted out.     Thanks ,         stub

What model is the network? I need to send you those plugs so why don't I send you a replacement network as well?

Terry

stub

Terry,
         Thanks, I already robbed one network  to fix a Starlite and I hate to toss the donor. I'll look at the wiring page and see what value it has on it. I just thought someone might remember ,of the top of their head, the value of those capacitors. I have some more networks, thanks, but I'm one of those that hates to throw away things  that can be fixed.  Thanks,    stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

Thanks ,  I got it .33mfd.  and 1.5 mfd.  of at least 200 vdc.    stub
Kenneth Stubblefield