and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Remember when you were a kid???

Started by Bill Cahill, June 16, 2010, 08:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Bill;
Remember...

Now it's time to say..;... H.R. to all our friends  you see....... Puff......... like a whiff of smoke,........ 'N' Stuff... it's no joke. see you all next week... ::) ;D :o :o
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

Hey, Dan. What you been smokin' boy??? ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Greg G.

Quote from: Bill Cahill on June 16, 2010, 08:32:53 PM
Anyway, What other shows does anybody remember?
Bill Cahill

Most of the ones you mentioned.  My all-time favorite was F Troop.  There were a couple of local shows here in the NW, J.P. Patches and Nightmare Theater.  I'm currently watching reruns of Cheyenne via Netflix Instant Watch.  I also have The Munsters in there.  Kinda campy, but I always had a crush on Yvonne De Carlo, even with all that makeup.  Plus the episodes are in bite-size chunks, so I can stay awake. 

What irks me is back then we had 3-4 channels, commercials, great programs, and it was free.  Today we have hundreds of channels, even more commercials, mostly garbage programs, and we have to pay for it!   >:(
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Bill Cahill

I know. I rarely watch tv anymore. It used to be some of my main entertainment.
Oh, well.
Bill Cahill  ;)

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

Bill;
I'm just high on life. You know, High Life.... :o :o :o :o
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

I use Brylcreem and Vitalis every day!

Also, how about Leave it to Beaver, The Andy Griffith Show, Bachelor Father, Adam-12, Dragnet, Emergency, All in the Family, Kojak.

Quote from: Bill Cahill on June 16, 2010, 10:07:41 PM
Johnny Quest

"Brylcream. A little dab will do ya. Brylcream. You'll look so debonaire.
But, watch out! The girls will all pursue ya...... They love to get their fingers in your hair.."

Bill Cahill
- Tom

Bill Cahill

Dragnet, American Bandstand, Jack Benny Show, Honeymooners, I love Lucy, Green acres, Voyage to the bottom of the sea, Amos n' Andy,Huckelberry Hound show, just to name a few more.....
And, Oh. Quick draw McGraw, and, Deputy Dawg.Top cat, and, Magilla Gorilla.
Bill Cahill

Bill Cahill

And, lest we forget  Bugs Bunny, road runner, Casper the friendly ghost, "Follow the bouncing ball" cartoons, Little Lu Lu, Heckle and, Jeckle, Woody woodpecker with Walter Lantz....
Bill Cahill

Doug Rose

Three words......Moe Larry Curly...... No Shemp, No Joe, definitely NO Curly Joe. The Three Stooges.......Doug
Kidphone

baldopeacock

Quote from: jsowers on June 16, 2010, 10:51:19 AM
Also Romper Room. Miss Libba never called my name at the end when she was looking through her Magic Mirror. Not too many Jonathans out there! There's a site http://www.tvparty.com that has a lot about Romper Room and other old TV shows.

"Romper Room" may have had a different "Miss Fill-in-the-blank" in a lot of TV markets.   The show was syndicated.   There was a national Miss Whoever if stations chose to just use the canned show - but stations also had the option of producing their own version of the show, with their own host.   It was an opportunity for local kids to appear on the show, thus a boost for the station's community service obligations.  I worked in local TV while R.R. was still kicking, our host was Miss Peggy -- and I was Mister Music for quite awhile, we did the show live weekday mornings.     Did the occasional turn as the voice of Safety Chief, too.   :)  

My Safety Message for today:  Don't run with scissors.

Dan

Quote from: Kidphone on June 17, 2010, 10:21:51 AM
Three words......Moe Larry Curly...... No Shemp, No Joe, definitely NO Curly Joe. The Three Stooges.......Doug
I personally love Shemp. He came aboard when Curly had a stroke. He was the stupidest stooge and the funniest to me.

Curly Joe--Effeminate  Wuss--He had it in his contract that Moe or Larry were not allowed  to hit him!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Bill Cahill

"Moe, Larry, the cheese! Moe, Larry, the cheese!!
No! Not that one! Limburger!!!"  ;D
Bill Cahill

Greg G.

Quote from: Bill Cahill on June 17, 2010, 10:22:55 PM
"Moe, Larry, the cheese! Moe, Larry, the cheese!!
No! Not that one! Limburger!!!"  ;D
Bill Cahill
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

jsowers

Quote from: Bill Cahill on June 16, 2010, 07:29:32 PM
Krueschev's doing Ida wild!
Car 54 where are you??"

Bill, I hate to destroy your image of Kruschev and Ida, but the line was "Kruschev's due at Idlewild." That was an airport in NYC back in the day. But I like your version better, and I'm sure Ida did too. :)

That line you attribute to Johnny Ginder... I have also heard the same thing attributed to radio's Uncle Don. It was on the Kermit Schaefer Blooper records, which are a huge pile of urban legends with very few honest-to-goodness bloopers. Entertaining, yes, but not very factual. If you've ever seen A Face in the Crowd with Andy Griffith, something similar happens in that movie when Patricia Neal intentionally leaves the mike on at the end of the program while the credits roll.

You mentioned Walt Disney Presents. Here's one of my favorite TV show openings from childhood. I remember watching it on my grandmother's 1953 black and white RCA Victor TV, with the doors on the front and "Golden Throat Sound," on Sunday nights in the 1960s. Back when color TV was new and Kodak was one of their sponsors, the show was called The Wonderful World of Color.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kBBVcgvMZU

And here's another version, with the NBC peacock and part of Alice in Wonderland, the theme song, and then a Kodak commercial. The NBC peacock really brings back memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YemWSjEvJA
Jonathan

Bill Cahill

Still, for a show I haven't seen in nearly 50 years, my memory of the song wasn't that bad...

The Disney  show I was referring to is Sunday nights' what later became Disney's wonderful world of color.

I've seen the movine you mentionned. It hasn't been on tv in many years.
Bill Cahill