"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The Case of the Incorrectly liten lights- 6 button key set

Started by WesternElectricBen, November 30, 2013, 12:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: poplar1 on November 30, 2013, 10:21:43 PM
If the problem happens only when selecting a line on the green phone, regardless of which cable it's plugged in, and not when selecting a line on another phone, then I would look for some miswiring inside the green phone.

Also, I don't follow what you are saying about "capped off" leads--where are you seeing these?

Okay, what I mean is, they have been taped and are not hooked up to anything.

I will look into wiring, that will probably tell me whats up with those extra pairs. Will a WE diagram work on this phone?

Ben

WesternElectricBen

Before I go though, could someone confirm if this is the right diagram for my phone. It says 564, but I'm not sure if it will work with ITT/Nt its the only one I could find.

With the extra letters at the end, would only matter with special features, so I don't have to be that picky?

Thank you,
Ben

Phonesrfun

The ITT is likely to be the same as WE, although i seem to remember that the complete ITT key service manual is available for download in the TCI library at www.telephonecollectors.info
-Bill G

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Phonesrfun on November 30, 2013, 11:39:13 PM
The ITT is likely to be the same as WE, although i seem to remember that the complete ITT key service manual is available for download in the TCI library at www.telephonecollectors.info

Okay, that's where I looked and I could only find WE, though it should work.

Ben

poplar1

So which is it--Northern Telecom *or* ITT==not the plastics but the phone itself?

If it's ITT, you can download info here:

http://www.strombergcarlsontelephone.com/kellogg/kellogg_main.htm

In the left column, under "Telephone Practices," click on "MULTIBUTTON PHONES PART 1."

In Section 50-565-102 "Circuit Labels," Figure 2 Sheet 2 shows where each wire in the 34-conductor cord should go.

Figure 3 Table C shows where some leads *FROM THE KEYS* go; make sure no one moved any of these in your phone:
YL-BN  to M
BN          M
SL-RD     M
BN-BK     X  (not SG)

Perhaps someone can post the wiring diagram here.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Phonesrfun

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on November 30, 2013, 11:46:28 PM

Okay, that's where I looked and I could only find WE, though it should work.

Ben

The TCI library search engine takes some getting used to, but the direct link Poplar1 has provided on Kellogg Mike's site is for the same manual as I recall.

I think you did say your phone was ITT, right?  It was just the handset that is NT, which doesn't matter.  It is the phone itself that is important here.
-Bill G