News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 40 handset bands

Started by bushman, May 15, 2010, 01:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

I am working on my AE 40. Are the handset bands removable from the caps? I finally got the caps unscrewed using the freezer method. Also are these metal parts chrome plated or nickel plated? I would like to have some of them redone.

Thank you

Bushman

stub

Bushman,
                 They will pry off, hard to remove, and are chrome plated.
                The colored ones come with non-tarnishing satin gold or polished chromium plate.    stub1953
Kenneth Stubblefield

wds

Bushman, were you able to remove the chrome bands?  I would also like to remove some bands, but would like to hear someone else's success story before I attempt to remove any.  It almost looks like someone has already tried to remove the bands from my caps, and chipped off some bakelite and glued the piece back on.  I don't want to make the damage any worse.
Dave

LarryInMichigan

I don't think that it would be a good idea to remove the bands because of the risk of damaging them.  Handset caps with bands are quire pricey.  If you would like, I would be happy to trade you caps without bands for yours with them :)

Larry

bushman

I need the bands on mine to complete the decor. It is chrome trimmed out. But I am looking for an early Butler's handle.

Bushman