"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need advice for Kellogg Masterphone 700A

Started by DARK FATHER, October 07, 2011, 06:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

DARK FATHER

This diagram does not help me I'm afraid.  I was hoping that someone on here who had done so before could give me step-by-step instructions on how to hook this to a Kellogg phone.  Those diagrams give me a headache.

DARK FATHER

I contacted Jorge via PM about this phone and never heard back.  Is he still around?

DARK FATHER

I STILL have not been able to fix this phone.  Can anyone here point me to someone I can send it to?

DARK FATHER

Looks like it is time for me to abandon this particular project and forget ever getting it to work since it is going NOWHERE.

poplar1

You'll have to look inside the handset to see which colors go to the receiver only, transmitter only, and common (receiver and transmitter).

Connect the receiver wire to the yellow wire of the mini-network. Connect the transmitter wire to the green wire of the mini-network. Connect the common trans/rec wire to red of the network.

Connect one  of the incoming line cord wires (usually green)  to white of the mini-net. Connect other  incoming line wire (usually red)  to one the hookswitch terminals (#1 in your photo) that is associated with one set of the contacts that open when you hang up the phone. Connect the pink mini-network wire to the hookswitch terminal (#2) that is associated with the contact that makes with the above contact.

Thus when you pick up the reciever, the line input will be pink and white of the network, and the output will be green to transmitter, yellow to recevier, and red to common trans/rec. You don't use the black or blue wires of the mini-network.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

DARK FATHER

Thanks for the reply poplar1, I will try to fix it when I get off work this morning.  I must also figure out how to fit the mini network into the thing!

DARK FATHER

I checked the wires in the handset and hooked it up like you said, but all I get so far is a very low volume dial tone.  It does not seem to transmit or receive incoming calls either.  When I spoke into the Kellogg phone I sometimes heard my own voice echo.  I must have hooked up something wrong.  ???

stub

DARK FATHER ,
                      Maybe this diagram will help .   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield