News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dial tone can't be cut

Started by mienaichizu, September 16, 2008, 11:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

Hi, I have a Stromberg Carlson Model 2500, it is still working but i can't dial a number, the dial tone can't be cut, and also how can I restore its body?, it is full of scratches and dents.

benhutcherson

Some older TT telephones are polarity sensitive. If this is the case, reversing the line wires should make them work.

I'd suggest trying this.

McHeath

There are some polish compounds made by Novus that you can try to clean up the body.  Various web sites sell the products, you can do a search for "Novus Plastic Polish" and they will come up.  I've also used car wax, a good one, to shine up a phone thats in pretty decent shape to start with, and I've even used automotive rubbing compound like TR-3 with good results on an old Trimline. 

I agree on the checking the polarity as the first thing to look at with your phone, try switching the red and green wires around and seeing what happens.

mienaichizu

thanks for the infos guys, hope the tips would work

mienaichizu

I'm returning to this topic

I tried to reverse the lines but still it doesn't work, what seems to be the problem?
Does anyone knows how to fix it?

bingster

I'm afraid I'm not much help with this, but I know absolutely nothing about touch-tone phones.  There is a wiring diagram available for your phone, though.  If you can double-check that your wiring is correct, maybe that would help?

http://www.telephonecollectors.org/library/sberg/sc2500dp.pdf

= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

Brasso, cheap, works very well on  all plastics, metal, glass you name it.
It removes scratches, and leaves a great shine.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson