"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Help with Northern Electric 1702B

Started by K1WI, February 11, 2013, 07:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K1WI

HELP  
   Does anyone have a wiring diagram ,or a link to one , for a Northern Electric 1702 Contessa phone ?  

Thanks,

Andy F  K1WI
Andy F    K1WI

K1WI

Anybody out there have an NT 1702 with the type of base shown....and could they post a few pictures trhe next time the have it open so I could duplicate wiring. I have two NT 1702s and each base differs from the other significantly . This one even has a different lamp socket ! Currently using phone in family room with a Western Electric 1702 base , but would like to use original  Northern base.
   Thanks,
                    Andy F   K1WI
Andy F    K1WI

K1WI

Spent this afternoon playing with this phone...took out board and traced wiring...figured it out , even though board has no labels for which post is which Only a few have letters near them ...and it WORKS !
:)     Love the push on posts and switchhook wiring directly to board.   I'll try and post a diagram this weekend .  

Andy F    K1WI
Andy F    K1WI

K1WI

Here's what I came up with for a connection chart and base terminal location for a NT1702. Actually very easy tow rewire as there re no swich hook wires and no screw terminals.
Andy F    K1WI

K1WI

Inline pushon connectors and example of wiring "posts"
Andy F    K1WI

K1WI

Different sized and style lamp socket
Andy F    K1WI