News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ANTI TINKLE DEVICE FOR LINKSYS 3102 (3000)

Started by dsk, April 08, 2013, 09:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Not sure were to post it, but both theese adapters tends to tinkle on line when they are logging in.

This is not funny when it happens in middle of your sleep.

This device works.

The diodes are not sensitive, any rectifier diode will do the job.
D1 has to be put in the right direction in the system. If not, you just don't get a dial tone.

The relay and capacitor could be anything so far it is working a little slow when ringing, and nt stealing to many REN so you have enough to ring your phone too.  Try with a 0.5 (0.47) µF capacitor. You may have to use a a bigger if your relay demands it. (So just grab what you have, and try  :) )

dsk

twocvbloke

The GPO solved bell tinkle (prior to the introduction of the BT master socket) by use of the Thermistor 1A-1 that resisted the small pulses from dialling or connecting/hanging up phones on the same line, but when it received ringing current, it allowed it to pass through without interruption, this was mainly used on party lines from what I've read, but I'm sure could be used on current lines or on VOIP adaptors... :)

They wired the Thermistor in series with the ringer, replacing the strap between terminals 16 and 17 in GPO phones, but I'm sure could be adapted for use in other phones that have tinkle issues... :)

Picture borrowed from here:
http://tinyurl.com/cpx45av