News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Sold 2, one available! Really?

Started by TelePlay, February 24, 2013, 11:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Okay, it's a brand new "302" that has never been opened and it comes with free shipping.  :-\

All for only a $8,461.79 BIN steal! What a deal . . . ;D

Not so when you notice the first two sold for $45.26, but being the last one known to exist in the world, I guess the price is right.  ;)

To bad we can't do an auction contest on a BIN other than selecting Sell or No Sell (my choice).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360504223040

File under D'oh!

Dennis Markham

John, I've thought of having a "Sell" or "No Sell" contest in the past.  Similar to what Jay Leno has on his show.  In a cases like this I like to contact the seller and ask if it the asking price is a typo.  Sometimes it is.

cello973

Vince

AE_Collector

I just noticed....IT IS A CROSLEY PHONE! I am surprised they got $45 for the first two.

I do like the AE number card....302's came with AE cards didn't they?

Terry

Sargeguy

I just sold a 354 in really nice condition for $40.  I only paid $23 including shipping.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

TelePlay

Quote from: Dennis Markham on February 24, 2013, 11:57:40 AMIn a cases like this I like to contact the seller and ask if it the asking price is a typo.  Sometimes it is.

That seems obvious, Dennis, and the first thing I thought about until I began to wonder how the seller typo'd into the $8,000 range with $8,461.79 for what has proven to be a $45.26 phone.

Now that it's documented here, I'll ask the seller and see what happens.

WesternElectricBen

TelePlay

Quote from: Dennis Markham on February 24, 2013, 11:57:40 AM
In a cases like this I like to contact the seller and ask if it the asking price is a typo.  Sometimes it is.

Dennis,

Sent the seller a message about the price, received no reply and the seller just re-listed the phone at the same price for another 30 days. Go figure, huh? I don't get it. Must be something there not obvious to me.

twocvbloke

I think some sellers list things at high prices when they're out of stock of items, saving the need to end multiple-item listings early, and when the have stock, they drop the price back down to what it was...

It's a stupid practice, it just drives sensible buyers away... ::)

TelePlay

For what it's worth, the auction on this phone ended a few minutes ago again without finding a buyer again for the last NOS Crosley wall phone, and is now what seems to be automatically renewed again for another 30 days, at the same price.  :-\

Doug Rose

Kidphone

twocvbloke

At least it proves that buying a proper original model is a lot cheaper than buying the cheapo replicas... :D

ItalianAce

For $8,461.79 you better get "Free Shipping" with the phone hahahaha. :)