News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Antique Western Electric Wood Rotary Telephone

Started by wds, February 04, 2015, 01:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Interesting transaction with this Ebay Seller -  aralen_bgfw2 (-2 ).  I purchased the phone, paid for it, then the next day the seller sent me another invoice for an additional $97.  After speaking to the seller on the phone, it turns out the $97 was because he thought he sold the phone for too cheap.  Although I had paid for the item, somehow the money was not accepted by the seller through Paypal, and the money was sent back to me - not refunded.  I was able to  report the Seller to Ebay, so now I'm waiting to see if Ebay really does anything to the seller.  Not sure if someone on this site was the 2nd buyer of this item or not, but beware.  Notice this seller already has a feedback of -2.  The phone almost seems to be a reproduction. 

http://tinyurl.com/ppl2qjw
Dave

rdelius

I think the backboard is new with a dummy protector.The Grey coin collector is the valueable part.looks like a 6 dial aith improvised brackets also.

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

WesternElectricBen

Wow, this seller deffinitly throws up a red flag to me as being a scammer. Yet, the funny thing is it got relisted for $150, so he really does value it.

Ben

wds

I notice the seller no longer has any items for sale.  Could it be that Ebay actually took action against this guy and shut him down?
Dave