"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 229: WE 1955 Rose Beige 500 - Ended 09-21-16

Started by TelePlay, September 14, 2016, 11:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Quote from: Kenton K on September 15, 2016, 11:05:09 PM
I didn't like it initially, but pictures don't do it justice. In person, an unfaded set is really quite nice. I think they do fade badly though.

This comparison of a Rose Beige, on the left, was posted yesterday in another topic along with an answer to the topic's value question.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16778.0

Kenton K

That rose beige one in the photo is mines. I was lucky enough to find one in a teletrainer, so it wasn't faded at all. I also found an unfaded ivory in there.

edit-*both phones are beige in the photo* not ivory...

Kk

Pourme

Quote from: Kenton K on September 16, 2016, 06:18:54 PM
That rose beige one in the photo is mines. I was lucky enough to find one in a teletrainer, so it wasn't faded at all. I also found an I faded ivory in there.

Kk

What a great find...I'm looking closer than ever at the dial on every phone that is close to a beige color now!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

TelePlay

And the winner of Auction Contest #229 is TelePlay, who with the 18th entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $212.12. That guess gave him his fifteenth auction contest win moving him up one rung in the Contest Standings.

The phone started at $9.99 and rose slowly to $56 over the 7 day listing period. There were three "snipes" within the last 7 seconds of the auction and when the dust settled, it was c***n ( 3774 ) with his first and only bid placed 4 seconds before the end that let him take the phone home for a lower than expected $161.50. The auction saw 12 bidders placing 14 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 229 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

TelePlay

Since there was another topic created asking about the value of this phone and its selling price, the contest replies posted here from this point were split off and merged with that questioning topic because the split off replies contained quite a few very good points that answered/discussed the question, and that whole discussion can be found with a more descriptive title at:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16778.0

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Dennis Markham

Congratulations on another win, John.

(John usually waits until all others have placed their "guess" before he does making it even more difficult to win).

TelePlay

Thanks, guys, just lucky guesses or as someone once said, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while . . .

. . . and as twocvbloke said,   ---> "You gotta be in it to win it !!!" ;D "