News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Craigslist bonanza!

Started by Pourme, April 28, 2016, 01:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

After three months of playing with the Craigslist purchase I have begun to put into use several of the phones. At the same time I have been wiring my 416 Easa-phone to the displayed phones. I thought I'd show some of the devices after I cleaned them up and displayed them. The first one is one that got pushed to the side until recently. A dates matching 2/46 302. The gentleman that sold me the collection was a 40 year WE employee and it stands to reason he brought home a select few of notable pieces and saved them over the years. This 302 looks like it was never updated or had parts replaced. Original throughout, cots reciever, transmitter, case and everything I looked at. It cleaned up nicely and works like new!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Pourme

This pre '29 B1 with a 11-39 4h dial, '49 handset cord and E1 handset matches up well with the 634 subset and works with perfection. The felt base shows some wear, but don't bother me at all. I painted the subset and just cleaned up and polished the phone. The original paint looks too good to mess with.
Benny

Babybearjs

John

poplar1

Is the black wire from the subset connected to BK on the dial in the B1?
I see green on GN, yellow on Y, and red on R, but black wire looks as if it doesn't have a spade tip.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Pourme

Nice catch Popular1...It was taped off, I have no idea why I did that. That has now been corrected.

Thanks!
Benny

FABphones

Some handsome phones, and nicely tidied up.
Update please. What did you keep from this great find?
 :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Pourme

~

Short answer...I still have every one of them. I'm not too good at selling phones.
Benny

RDPipes

Quote from: Pourme on October 26, 2022, 05:31:48 AM~

Short answer...I still have every one of them. I'm not too good at selling phones.
You lucky dog you!

What my dreams are made of.

paul-f

Quote from: Pourme on October 26, 2022, 05:31:48 AM~

Hmmm.  Advanced phonitis symptom.

(But you knew that!)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

Benny...I forgot about your amazing find!

It was a great read going back through it....Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

~

Thanks Doug...

& you know, I haven't sold a piece of it yet!

~
Benny

Doug Rose

Kidphone