News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What Do I Have Here?

Started by Doug Rose, December 12, 2011, 04:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Handset is marked Couch. This is sure different. Bakelite base and handset with brass trim. Cleaned up like a dream. I love bakelite. Real nice green braided cloth cord...Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

It looks like a Couch intercom base.  I don't think that I have seen a handset like that before.  I have a pair of Couch intercoms, and the handsets are tenite with transmitter and receiver elements which looks like toys, and don't work very well.  I had planned to turn them into working phones, but that will probably never happen.

Larry

Grumpy99705

That sure looks like a Kellogg F-27 (Masterphone) handset with someone else's caps on it
Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading - Thomas Jefferson

Doug Rose

its a tough picture, put the handset does say Couch
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

What is inside the phone body?

Larry

GG

I got hold of one of those Couch intercoms once and turned it into a regular working phone.  Since it bears a vague resemblance to a type of phone made by DeTeWe in Germany, I used a German dial made by DFG.  The ringer I added was Italian ITT (FaceStandard) because it happened to fit on the baseplate.  Yes, a mongrel-phone:-)

So I'd be really really interested in seeing what's inside yours, and what Couch's "designed for phone service rather than intercom service" innards looked like. 

Doug Rose

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on December 12, 2011, 06:54:59 PM
What is inside the phone body?

Larry
Sad to say...a warbler and a mini network. ARRRGGGHHH.

Looks like this was a Couch intercom as GG stated and made into a phone. Very cool looking, extremely disappointing.....Doug
Kidphone