News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gotta have it! 302 Colorphone kits.

Started by HarrySmith, November 18, 2010, 01:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

WOW! This is just what I have been looking for ;)

http://tinyurl.com/292rzzh
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Harry...these are really kind of cool. I have never seen the yellow color. These were made to snap over your black 302 and voila! Color. Handset with the screw on covers and the yellow cord detangler that wraps the cord. These are known to shrink, although this looks pretty good. How many yellow 302s have you seen?....Doug
Kidphone

Just4Phones

These are really cool and I also want one.  I saw an MIB in ivory go for over 200 bucks.  If you plan to bid be very careful.  These tended to shrink BAD and will not fit.  Make sure you ask the right questions

HarrySmith

He has one in Purple also. Looks pretty chintsy to me.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jim Stettler

I bet the purple is really violet.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

Quote from: Jim S. on November 18, 2010, 09:33:39 PM
I bet the purple is really violet.
JMO,
Jim

I'll raise you an "Orchid"...

The seller is John Carson, a long time phone collector so I would think that questions can  be answered with a good degree of phone knowledge.

Terry

From the description:

What a great find! A Deluxe Colorphone ORCHID color conversion kit made to fit Western Electric model 302.  This kit is in the original box, and is in very good aesthetic condition. Kit includes all the parts to color change a boring black 302, including the manual dial blank or regular rotary dial covers, handset wire cover, base cover, and handset cover.  Kit manufactured by L.E. Mason Company of Boston Mass, and is over 55 years old!  Kit includes assembly instructions.  Some distortion of handset cover or other parts may have occurred due to age and storage in box.  Fit cannot by guaranteed, therefore is more for collectible interest than actual function. There is a small stress crack on the base cover, at the inside of the left front hook ear. Small, difficult to notice.  

A hard to find and really interesting bit of telephone memorabilia from a day gone by and a "must have" for a collector of telephone accessories.  Shipping rate quoted within the US. Canada slightly higher.  International areas at a cost plus $15 fee. I accept Paypal and Cashier's checks. Good luck & Happy Bidding!

AE_Collector

So these were a surprise. I expected around $100 each maybe? Why is it only the neat stuff that I want that goes nuts in the last few seconds?

For the record, the completion prices as follows:

Yellow Kit $20.50
Red Kit $31.00
Purple Kit $33.67

Terry

bingster

I'm a little surprised at that, too.  Maybe people were put off by the possible shrinkage, meaning they can't actually be used.  Still, since they're NOS, scarce, and would make a very interesting display, they do seem a little underpriced.
= DARRIN =

elmwood

Was everything called "deluxe" in the 1940s and 1950s?  Today, it would be an X-TREEM! Colorphone Kit. :D

bingster

If I had a dollar for every car model that was named "Deluxe" I'd be one rich guy.
= DARRIN =