and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - April 2013

Started by AE_Collector, March 31, 2013, 10:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - April 2013

Southernphoneman's Restored Black WECo 500 for $42.00
3 (11.1%)
Sargeguy's Ohio Bell Teletrainer with red and green 500's. $75 plus $45 shipping
6 (22.2%)
GarageParty's WECo 181H early 3 slot Payphone from IV 1940 for $45.00
10 (37%)
WesternElectricBen's Panasonic 616 PBX with 4 Phones for 4.99 & $40 shipping
4 (14.8%)
tptech302's "like New" Red Continental 202 for $70
4 (14.8%)
LarryInMichigan's pair of Ivory North 541's from ebay for $102.50
5 (18.5%)
teka-bb's Working (& Noisy!) Siemens & Halske PABX  for Free
6 (22.2%)
Dan's Western Electric 1949/1950 500 with curved "operator" BIN $29.99!
18 (66.7%)
Jim S' LOSS of a truckload of CRAP/SCRAP for FREE!
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

GarageParty

Hi, Thanks so much... I'm still VERY excited about this find...
Lisa

southernphoneman

Quote from: GarageParty on April 16, 2013, 08:13:08 PM
Hi, Thanks so much... I'm still VERY excited about this find...
I would love to have a payphone in my collection, but I know how expensive they can be so that will be a far into the future purchase :) ;)

GarageParty

I have wanted one for years! This year i made it my goal to find one... I ask everyone I talked to and went to sale after sale... Then I went to a fellow pickers garage and poof there it was! I was in LOVE instantly and had to bring it home... He didn't want to sell it BUT I wouldn't take NO for a answer... And to think I thought I may be over paying seeing some missing parts and not knowing if she even worked... The gamble paid off! Keep your eyes and ears open and it will find you...
Lisa

southernphoneman

Quote from: GarageParty on April 16, 2013, 08:22:26 PM
I have wanted one for years! This year i made it my goal to find one... I ask everyone I talked to and went to sale after sale... Then I went to a fellow pickers garage and poof there it was! I was in LOVE instantly and had to bring it home... He didn't want to sell it BUT I wouldn't take NO for a answer... And to think I thought I may be over paying seeing some missing parts and not knowing if she even worked... The gamble paid off! Keep your eyes and ears open and it will find you...
there is a local pickers here in the county I live in , in eastern north Carolina and that is a place that I should check out ;).

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 20, 2013, 02:17:51 PM
Three Finds of the Month so far for April. Any more out there?

Terry

Could a cheep pbx count?

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 21, 2013, 12:05:30 AM
Anything phone related is ok so switchboards, pbx's are all good.

Terry

Ok, first I got to win it.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 20, 2013, 02:17:51 PM
Three Finds of the Month so far for April. Any more out there?

Terry
Yes, yes indeed, I have at least 1/2 dozen from yesterday alone (I not bragging, I was at the KS where these deals are quite typical). There was an estate auction at the show. Stuff was going too cheap, so I tried bidding it up for the widow and ending up with more stuff. I end up winning a lot of show donations the same way.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 21, 2013, 12:57:22 AM
Jim: How did you do at unloading C.R.A.P. &  S.C.R.A.P. ?

Terry
I left it at home, It is hard to give it away in KS unless you are giving to a newer collector with unused storage space at their home, I did end up with a lot of   S.C.R.A.P & C.R.A.P. from the auctions I bid up.
Between 2 lots I probably won 30 phones ($5.00 and $2.00 winning bids). I got a nice light gray 503BM This phone has an exclusion plunger. It was in like new condition but was missing the fingerwheel I gave it to my friend John cause he liked it. I gave another friend 2 SC 500 sets because she started collecting SC. I donated about 8 modern phones to the show auction. the other 20+ phones made it home ,but need to go to the classifieds. There were 3 stylines in the lots as well a a very light weight non-functioning display model.WE 2500 set that has an F#since

As far as the C.R.A.P. &  S.C.R.A.P.at home I figure if I can't get "Nick in Manitou" to take it, I will give it to another local Nick(HS Jr. I think). A few years ago He mother let me  give him 30-40 boxes of S.C.R.A.P & C.R.A.P.
I have known his mother and Grandmother sine I was "almost 4".
Jim

You live, You learn,

AE_Collector

The one Styleline part that I know I still need is a dark blue (called Electric Blue) wall base.  That one piece has been like trying to find a dark blue AE 80 for me though I have the AE 80! The electric blue Stylelines really aren't that rare but combined with needing it to be a wall model and bad luck, I am still empty handed.

Terry

WesternElectricBen

Ok it's official. I won't a Panisonic 616 PBX for 4.99 with 40 dollar shipping, it also included for of the phones! One phone with the screen and 3 with out.

Ben

HarrySmith

Nice score Ben! You will have fun with that!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WesternElectricBen

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Jim S. on April 21, 2013, 01:43:19 AM
Quote from: AE_Collector on April 21, 2013, 12:57:22 AM
Jim: How did you do at unloading C.R.A.P. &  S.C.R.A.P. ?

Terry
I left it at home, It is hard to give it away in KS unless you are giving to a newer collector with unused storage space at their home, I did end up with a lot of   S.C.R.A.P & C.R.A.P. from the auctions I bid up.
Between 2 lots I probably won 30 phones ($5.00 and $2.00 winning bids). I got a nice light gray 503BM This phone has an exclusion plunger. It was in like new condition but was missing the fingerwheel I gave it to my friend John cause he liked it. I gave another friend 2 SC 500 sets because she started collecting SC. I donated about 8 modern phones to the show auction. the other 20+ phones made it home ,but need to go to the classifieds. There were 3 stylines in the lots as well a a very light weight non-functioning display model.WE 2500 set that has an F#since

As far as the C.R.A.P. &  S.C.R.A.P.at home I figure if I can't get "Nick in Manitou" to take it, I will give it to another local Nick(HS Jr. I think). A few years ago He mother let me  give him 30-40 boxes of S.C.R.A.P & C.R.A.P.
I have known his mother and Grandmother sine I was "almost 4".
Jim

I checked with the other Nick's Mother, she said He will happily accept any Telephone CRAP/SCRAP that I want to donate. I will probably drop it off to him this week.
I think he lurks on the forum, so some of it may show up for sale in the classifieds.
Jim
You live, You learn,

tptech302

Was afraid this wouldn't arrive in time to add. Found this Red "Continental" 202 online for $70 It is like new not a scratch on it, no ware on the plunger. Cords are dated 55

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: tptech302 on April 28, 2013, 11:51:27 PM
Was afraid this wouldn't arrive in time to add. Found this Red "Continental" 202 online for $70 It is like new not a scratch on it, no ware on the plunger. Cords are dated 55

That's a great find.  The phone must have been stored away for the past 58 years for the cords to remain so bright red.

Larry