News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Family Is Growing

Started by AET, May 12, 2009, 10:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Well, it seems that these phones just all end up having to come home with me!  There's still more coming in the mail yet.  My one phone is no longer lonely.  Look at all the friends that he has to play with now!

- Tom

Dan

You have got the bug, Tom.  I have a few black 500's too. The more black ones I see the more I like their understated elegance.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan/Panther

Better get some shelves you are going to need them soon.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

As Darth Vadar said to Luke in Empire Strikes Back, "Impressive, most impressive."

Did you ever get that no dial 500 to work with the touch tone pad?

foots

Nice collection Tom. You will definately need a shelf or a very long desk to display those phones. Is that wall phone white or beige? Its hard to tell from the picture.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Tonyrotary

I am not sure but guessing you like 500's? ;D Nice collection Tom. I see the bug has bitten you too! That starlite phone, I have the wall version coming in myself.

Dan/Panther

Tom;
When your parents come into your room, do they look at you funny ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan

I can here it now, supper time, Tom---Hold on, I'm expecting a call.........
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AET

Thanks everyone!

My folks are always on my case about the phones, I had some come yesterday and I got my butt chewed.  "YOU NEED TO SAVE YOUR MONEY! WHAT DO YOU NEED THESE FOR?!" 

I love my 500s, good looking and affordable.  The 554 is a White 1958 Model, wish that it was Oxford Gray as the Inner Code says it is, but it's not :( It's my favorite phone as it was in the building that was our Gun store since New, wish I had the original phone from that place when the phone number was 19. 

I can't have any shelves, unfortunately, because my dad would have to approve, and he doesn't since the house is up for sale.  But yes, I have definately got the bug!

And the Brown one is actually hooked up and going in this pic and the black one next to the rose-beige one is usually hooked up next to my bed. 

I got distracted from the dialless one, took pics of the innards to post here and just pretty well forgot about it.  Need to get back on that project.  But right now I've got so many phone projects I'm on sensory overload.
- Tom

Tonyrotary

From Dan
QuoteI can here it now, supper time, Tom---Hold on, I'm expecting a call.........
LOL.

mienaichizu

Bill Cahill

Soooo, Tom, when you gonna send my phones?
Nice job.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

AET

I'd be happy to trade you 3 of my phones for the 3 I'm currently looking for, a Med Blue 500 an Oxford Gray 500, and a 1949 500 in any color, dealer's choice.
- Tom