News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE ringer sound for ringtone?

Started by slantsixdan, March 09, 2014, 06:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slantsixdan

There are lots of vintage-phone ringer sound files for use as ringtones, but I haven't found the one I really want: the GTE/Leich/Automatic Electric adjustable-volume dual-gong single-line ringer which chimes a minor fourth, rather than a major third like most WE and many many others. The ringer I'm after was installed in many—but not all—AE80s and AE90s and their paypone kin. Anyone seen such a file, or happen to have the necessities to make one?

Mr. Bones

I have 65-ish ringing recordings of vintage / antique telephone ringtones, at present, mostly gleaned from the web.

Only one  I see marked as an AE ringer is from an AE40; presumably too early to suit your needs.

It is entirely possible that some of the other ones were recorded from an AE, they're mostly labeled ol skool ringer, antique 1, etc.

I don't have an 80 or 90 to make you a recording, or I would. Sorry

If, however, you would like, I can zip the lot, and send it attached to an email. There's a bunch of good ones, maybe get you ny for the interim. I use several of them on my 2 cells.

Let me know, I'll be glad to send them to you. Unzipped, the directory is 14~mb.

Best regards!

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

slantsixdan

Very kind of you -- thanks! I've sent a PM with my email address. Fingers crossed that one of them will hit the spot.

slantsixdan

Thanks, Mr. Bones; the files got here fine. The AE ringer I'm after isn't in the group, so I'm still looking, but there are some fine ones in here that'll be fun to try on the iPhone.

poplar1

Perfect 4th (C-F)
Augmented 4th (C-F#)/Diminished 5th (C-G flat)
What's a minor fourth?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

slantsixdan

Sorry, you see I know just enough musical terminology to get it wrong. Per your description, I mean an augmented 4th or diminished 5th.