"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What kind of phone is this?

Started by Greg G., March 04, 2011, 03:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

It looks European (and painted).
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

dsk

joey67

phone, what phone....I don't see a phone ...Nice pillow.   :o

rdelius

If ypu can find it, I think it is a Tesla.I dont think the color is origional either.
Robby

DavePEI

Quote from: Brinybay on March 04, 2011, 03:33:24 AM
It looks European (and painted).

I agree. She looks European, but she doesn't appear to need makeup. Oh, you mean the phone? I almost missed it. :D
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

GG

That's Bulgarian, I don't recall the manufacturer's name but definitely not Tesla, which is Czech.  The ground button on that one is shaped like a vitamin capsule.  On the Tesla of the same vintage (I have one) the ground button is an interesting arrangement that includes the number label of the phone, which in turn is mounted higher on the housing compared to the one in the photo whose number label is hiding behind the white coiled cord.  So when you press the ground button, the entire area including the number label tips forward on a hinge to operate the switch contacts inside. 

And that one is definitely painted.  Red phones produced in the communist countries at least until the late 70s, were a deeper color of red, closer to what we think of as fire engine red.  The color of the one depicted there, would have been considered too "flamboyant" or something, for the somewhat prudish tastes of communist officialdom who made those decisions. 

The way the woman in the photo is looking at that phone, is similar to how she might look at a small cat : - )