News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How to Repair Stripped Threads in Aluminum Telephone Body

Started by Desert Phone Guy, August 23, 2019, 07:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert Phone Guy

Recently I have come across a couple of WE D-1 oval base desk phones.  The finish is good on the metal, but the problem is the screw holes are stripped in the base, and the screws will no longer hold the bottom base cover on the phone.

I have seen this type phone that has been refurbished, and an insert appears to have been installed in the stripped hole.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to repair the base to allow the old base screws to be used?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Ktownphoneco

Steve  ....  Attached is a "pdf" file I prepared some time ago regarding the repair of the bse attachment posts on a D1, or a B1 for that matter.   I just updated the email address at the end, since I switched internet service providers a couple of months ago.    I prefer to use brass inserts because it isn't as prone to clogging the teeth in the taps, but one can use aluminum as well, which will color match a lot better.   Just use more cutting fluid to cut down on the clogging of the teeth on the tap.      This document is also in the TCI LIbrary.

Jeff Lamb