News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

blake transmitter

Started by biffrollerskate, November 19, 2011, 08:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Al....you have a wonderful piece of history in phenomenal condition. Take 12 great enlarge/zoom pictures and let the fun begin. Ride it to the end of the auction and you will have a very Happy Holiday Season....good luck....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Another Blake came up on eBay this morning listed as an "antique blake-Edison, transmitter telephone 1880's RARE" but parts are missing and the transmitter case has no markings.

Seller states "Here is  a very RARE COMPLETE ORIGINAL unmarked BLAKE telephone walnut  transmitter,just cleaned the dust off, most of the time the transmitter element is missing or incomplete ,5"x 6 " x 3 "deep,take a close look at all the pictures amassing condition ,lock is on the left side of the box rather then on the front door ,very unusual, one in this condition does rarely ever come up on E bay, when found it was mounted on a wooden board with the top ringer box, offered in another auction ,below that was a broken battery box." When the seller said " . . . offered in another auction . . . ," he meant the ringer box shown is listed in a separate auction starting at $500.00 plus $45 for shipping . . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221313916856  )  ( dead link 11/19/23 )

. . . so this auction is only for the Blake, not the Blake and ringer box. Seller wants at least $800 with a BIN of $1,200 and free shipping for the Blake. Will it sell?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221313911486  ( dead link 11/19/23 )

wds

Does anyone know what the disposition was for the Blake transmitter on the original posting?
Dave

Sargeguy

I do not remember seeing it. 

Blake transmitters are all rare and sought after but there is a scale.  The heavily marked ones are worth more than plain ones by a factor of 5 or 6 (or more).  The Bell Canada ones seem to be more common and fetch significantly less than the American examples.  I think one factor was that manufacturing and using them in Canada was easier during the "patent wars" of the 1890s.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Rescuemo

One looking very similar to the one in the OP's possession just sold on eBay for $9100.00. Was wondering if it was the same one. Did anyone else see it?
-Morris

I have a lot of phones, but I don't have enough.

Sargeguy

That is more than I paid for my car!!!  I thought they were pricey at $2500 but  this is ridonkulous!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

Pictures of the $9100 Blake.
Dave

HarrySmith

Deffinetly nice looking example! I don't think it could be any better marked either, not much room left ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"