News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How do you mount a WECO 320 if you don't have the bracket???

Started by Sargeguy, November 12, 2010, 10:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

No I am not inclined to buy the one on eBay for $165.  Any other suggestions?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Jim Stettler

Is the bracket the "I" shaped metal mounting bracket "for irregular surfaces"? This bracket was a multi-use bracket.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The one I am thinking of was used on the late-style (ring-down) Fire Department street boxes. These were used locally into the mid-to-late 1960's.
They were also used  on other call box, weather-proof, ect. applications.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If that is the bracket, then I have a spare somewhere.
If it is the same bracket, they would be easy fabricate.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Sargeguy

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOUNTING-PLATE-EXPLOSION-PROOF-TELEPHONE-/150495252618?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230a37508a

It a round threaded  cast iron plate that the 320 screws onto.  The 320 is cast iron and really has no holes you can work with.  I have seen them mounted on a backing board before and was wondering if anyone knew how it was done.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

bingster

= DARRIN =

Jester

That's a toughy!  I've seen quite a few EP phones on ebay that are like your's--no mount--so there should be a few of them loose somewhere.  I rarely see those come up for auction, though.  And I agree on the current offering.  You could just about buy two complete phones for that price, if you shop right.
Stephen

Jim Stettler

That looks specific, but (perhaps) optional.
I think that is a surface mount back box. Did flush mount require a box?
Just a thought,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Sargeguy

It isn't optional.  the phone is designed to create a dust free compartment where the connections occur. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409