News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blue AE 50

Started by Doug Rose, May 10, 2014, 08:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This beauty went under the radar. The two usual suspects battled to the end. $3050. A lot of cash has been spent by these two the past month Starting with the Blue 302....Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111342934928
Kidphone

Jon Kolger

Believe it or not, there are a lot of Blue 50 sets out there, at least compared to other colors.  I've had several over the years.  Back in the late 70s or early 80s, there were a number of them found all in one place by a prominent collector.  They were all used in a business of some sort.  They were sold off one at a time over the years.  I seem to recall that most if not all of them had matching blue dial blanks when found.  This one is probably one of those sets.  As an interesting aside, that is how I learned that an AE Type 50 dial blank is larger than the same style dial blank used for a desk phone such as a Type 40.  It's not much larger, just a couple of millimeters or so, but there is a difference.  I tried to take the blue dial blank off of one of these blue 50s and put it on a blue 40.  It fits, but doesn't quite look right.

wds

Here's another one - $300 BIN.  I'm sure it sold about 2 seconds after it was listed.

Blue AE 50
Dave

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow!!

Why is it that the prewar-designed colored AE stuff is so incredibly valuable, but nothing later than the 40/50 breeches $1000, and little is worth more than $200. A Med Blue 500 easily surpasses the rarer Colonial Blue AE80 in price, but any colored 40/50 series phone will surpass any colored 302, even though many 40 colors are easier to find than a 302 in a similar color. ::)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AE_Collector

I know why......

Because I would like to own a few of them!

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 17, 2018, 10:18:14 PM
I know why......

Because I would like to own a few of them!

Terry
;D

Well, me too! I'll take a Blue 354 over a Blue 50 though! ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

oldguy

At $3050, I'll never own one!
Gary

Babybearjs

>:( Why do people even sell these things.... These are keepsakes! like collectable ornaments, these are meant to stay in the family.  I'd never sell mine! and its only black! Crazy people!
John

Partyline4

Quote from: wds on February 17, 2018, 05:09:10 PM
Here's another one - $300 BIN.  I'm sure it sold about 2 seconds after it was listed.

Blue AE 50

That makes me hurt!