News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE40 and Hotel Phone Pic

Started by tell302man, December 01, 2012, 11:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tell302man

Here are the two phones I purchased on my trip to Florida last week. Just now got around to getting a pic of them. 20 for the AE40 and 65 for the hotel phone. I might be identifying the hotel incorrectly. It has a Western Electric receiver.

tell302man

Here is the 40 after 2 hrs of cleaning and polishing. Not bad for 20 dollars.

AE_Collector

AE 40's never look bad! Well, some colored ones (the current Auctions Contests we have running) need a bit of work occasionally ...

Great deal at $20. First Find of the Month for December ???

Terry

tell302man

I have a color AE round base phone that is rough to say the least. I guess this phone would not qualify since I found it last month but I was suprised how well it came out. I will post a pic of that other AE color phone I have. I found it way back about 10 years ago. I also have a color jukebox in coffee color that is mint that I got for 45 dollars at a local antique mall.

tell302man

Here is that color set I have the base is crack free but discolored. The receiver is toast. I thought about putting a black receiver on the top and having two tone set.

AE_Collector

Colored AE sets (1, 2, 34, 35, 40, 50 etc) are crazy even if a basket case. Check what the two in our Auction Contests currently running.

That is an AE 1A and it looks as though it is Ivory which is the most common AE coor but still, I wish I had it! It is " real" rather than painted because you can see that it has shrunk somewhat. You could work with Ray Kotke to make a new transmitter cap for it after checking around with the known Colored AE collectors to see that no one has one available. Ray can help you with that too I bet.

Very nice, lets see the AE50 wall phone next!

Terry

tell302man

Here is the Juke. I have not seen it for years lol. It was 45 dollars and I found a green ericophone I paid 3.50 for a long time ago.

tell302man

twocvbloke