News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The Cheapest flat rate residential VoIP

Started by markosjal, June 29, 2023, 04:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markosjal

Ok, it has taken me a while to come up with this and I must admit it is not yet tested.

I recently signed up for http://vbuzzer.com, which is now apparently a part of VoIPmuch

The rate is $5.99 USD per month and they can give you a USA or Canadian number from most cities, unlimited USA and Canada Calling, and 911 service.

I signed up and was charged no taxes nor hidden fees (of course Oregon, where I live,  has no sales Tax) . I believe that for USA users there is no tax charged regardless of state but I can not confirm this. 

I can see that their server is probably on the East coast and I know that VoIPuch has servers in NC (USA) and QC (CAN). From my current connection in Oregon it is 83ms, which is a lot, but will have to see how it all goes with real voice. VoIPMuch has previously indicated to me that they will be adding a Seattle server but I am not holding my breath for it. As I previously stated VBuzzer is a part of VoIPMuch so maybe that Seattle Server will benefit VBuzzer users too.
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

markosjal

I wanted to update this thread now after some months of use. Vbuzzer seems 100% reliable and I have had no issues with it.

Stormcrash

Glad to hear that.

I have no experience with them but I know several people who use voip.ms with a grandstream ATA and are generally happy with the cost and service

markosjal

I had several accounts on VOIP.MS and had used them for many years. Recently their support has really become very bad and they do not even investigate when you report an unresponsive server , instead they ask the user for more info. Also they are getting quite good at circular rhetoric resolving one problem that then causes another like DTMF mode while using IAX and SIP on the same account. It seems their support is more focused on finding a reason to NOT resolve the issue rather than taking action to investigate it, all while looking for an excuse to close the ticket or not respond further.