News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

KTAS and other phone

Started by wds, March 17, 2013, 01:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

I picked these up over the last couple of weeks to add to my collection.  All work and ring.  The first one with the stenciling is dated 1936.  I think it has an Ericsson dial, with the spring load number plate pressed against the back of the fingerwheel.  Fingerstop has A 7111 engraved in it.  The dial mount is bolted to the Lid.

Second phone is similar to the first, dated 1942.  Not quite sure who's dial this one is, maybe GPO.  Dial mount is bolted to the Base.  Identical dial mount as the first phone, just mounted differently.  Has the counter that actually seems to work.  Missing  the mouthpiece.

Third phone I'm not sure who's it is.  No names, or dates found yet.  Stamped in the side of the base is A11 75.  Stamped on the inside just above the diagram is P15 39.  Very faint and hard to read, there might be more numbers.  I really liked the handset - no name, but the magnet on the receiver has that purple paint on it like the WE candlestick receivers.  I plan to strip that yellow paint off and restore it back to black.  Anyone know where this phone is from?

Dave

dsk

The third phone:
My first idea was an Elektrisk Bureau telephone from the 20-ies, but they used most whit labels with black printing. On the other hand it looks like the Antwerp made telephones of the same time. They had purple receiver windings too.
You may see some text on the transmitter.  Closer pictures of the diagram, the induction coil and the terminal strip may tell something too.  If the transmitter terminals are marked M for microphone, and the receiver terminals are marked T, its possibly Scandinavian.
Look at this handset:

dsk

LarryInMichigan

The handset on my Spanish wall phone is very similar: forum link.

Larry

wds

More pictures.  Terminal on the left is an R, not F like it looks in the picture.
Dave

LarryInMichigan

For what they're worth, here are some pictures from my Spanish wall phone.  Note the similarities.

Larry

wds

Sure looks like a match.  There's a lot of nickel showing through the yellow paint on my handset - I'm anxious to get it cleaned up.  I hope the grip in the middle is bakelite and not plastic so I can use the paint stripper.
Dave

dsk

Great pictures. The diagram and terminal strips are made for English readers, The Symbols are English/American style, the terminal strip looks like mine, but with T for transmitter R for receiver, E for Earth. The little ring for fixing the cords are there too, the layout of the parts, and the clamps for the capacitor looks like mine, but the circuit indicates an older version. My guess is a 1924- 1929 version made by one of the European W.E. companies.  What about that BTMC you have mentioned earlier with this pic.:

dsk

wds

That one with the dial is on my list!
Dave