Main Menu

How's your desk looks like?

Started by mienaichizu, February 08, 2009, 09:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

and here's a view of my study with my vintage stuffs and others

Dan/Panther

Quote from: McHeath on February 09, 2009, 12:24:12 AM

D/P: Who'd a known you were a Valentines Softy?  I like how you rotate your desk phones for the seasons, and that payphone, does that work?

Hobiesport:  Where do you get these pics?  So, it seems that Ike was the last president to use a single line phone, based on the Prez Desks you have had pics of. 

I think we are all softies at heart.
Yes the payphone does work, I'm currently looking for a booth to put it in. Hobiesport shows one photo with Kennedy's desk with what appears to be a single line 500, I wonderf if it was Ike's old phone ?

Ellen;
Just out of eyeshot in my photo, you would see all the stuffd I moved to the chair so I could take the photo. Easier than explaining.

Hobiesport;
I would like to know how many actually copied your Marilyn Monroe line and pasted it for the photo of her lingerie photo ?

D/P

I did !

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HobieSport

By george you're right, D/P.  Those two Ike phones do seem to have remained on Kennedy's desk, but were soon replaced by a complex push button phone.  As for Marilyn Monroe, well, she still just gets my phone lines all in a tangle.

McHeath

How confusing must that have been for Kennedy on his first day on the job, a blank desk with two identical black 500s.

"Now Mr. President, the phone on the left launches the ICBMs.  The phone on the right is hotlined to Won Cho's take out."

"Okay, so the phone on my left launches the missiles..."

"No Mr. President, the phone on my left, your right, launches the missiles..."

"And the phone on my right orders the take out..."

"No Mr. President, the phone on my right, your left, orders the take out."

"Okay, but what if I move them around?  There's no numbers on either so how will I know the difference?"

"Well sir you can't move them around, there are no numbers so that no one else knows what they do."

"But what if they've been moved around already?  What if Ike dropped one when he moved out?"

"Uh..."

HobieSport

Heath: ;D !
Maybe that explains The Bay of Pigs and Cuban Missile Crissis. ???  Who knew? ::)
I guess it just goes to show how important desks and telephones can be, for peace in our time.  Thus this very important thread.

HobieSport

Fortunately America brought out a more powerful secret weapon:
(Though desks and phones were not involved this time.)

HobieSport

And here, nearly five decades later, President Obama is still dealing with parts of Cuba.  Yes, but notice what a nice clean desk he has, and a really fancy phone. So there may indeed be hope.

BTW, Ya know what I'd do if I wuz Prezerdint? 
Turn the darn desk around for a view outside.

Ellen

Here we have Monster-Kitty being bribed with catnip to stay in one place long enough to have his portrait done.  And the AE40 you-all helped me with is behind him.  I have a 1969-ish black WE desk model upstairs - not as exciting.  And the "phone junk" box - this is the extent of my phone addiction.  So far.

HobieSport

The signs of a good desk:
A cat.  A computer.  An old dial phone.
Heaven! :D

bingster

I remember when all my phone stuff fit in one box.  Those were the days. ;D
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

I finally cleaned my desk off enough to take a picture.  A converted bedroom, this is my office.

Dan/Panther

Quote from: mienaichizu on February 09, 2009, 09:30:04 AM
and here's a view of my study with my vintage stuffs and others

Is that ship the Titanic ?

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Ellen

Dennis, did you get the cat to take the picture?

Dennis Markham

No, the cat didn't take the picture, I did.  The cat was busy working on a phone.

bingster

I spy with my little eye an ivory E1/D1 on the right that I'm gonna need to see a closer picture of. 8)
= DARRIN =