"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Centurion Payphone Ringer

Started by bobv, November 29, 2018, 11:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobv

Hi,
I have a Centurion Payphone. it work. but Ringer is not working. any help please.

thanks
VB

Here is the Centurion manual in PDF form.

bobv

poplar1

According to Fig. 2 on page 5/6 of the above practice, the NE-C4A ringer connects to the network as follows:

Black to L2
Red to L1
Slate to K
Slate-Red to A
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Ktownphoneco

Your ringer should have 4 conductors.     They are : RED / BLACK / SLATE / SLATE-RED (Slate colored wire with what look like red bands placed along the length of the wire.) .        They connect to the network as follows :   Black = "L2"   /   Red = "L1"   /   Slate = "K"  /  Slate with Red bands = "A".

Jeff Lamb

bobv

Quote from: poplar1 on November 29, 2018, 11:42:39 AM
According to Fig. 2 on page 5/6 of the above practice, the NE-C4A ringer connects to the network as follows:

Black to L2
Red to L1
Slate to K
Slate-Red to A

Hi Poplar1,

its working now. thank you very much.

thanks
VB

bobv

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on November 29, 2018, 11:42:47 AM
Your ringer should have 4 conductors.     They are : RED / BLACK / SLATE / SLATE-RED (Slate colored wire with what look like red bands placed along the length of the wire.) .        They connect to the network as follows :   Black = "L2"   /   Red = "L1"   /   Slate = "K"  /  Slate with Red bands = "A".

Jeff Lamb

Hi Jeff
thank you very much. its working now. I use magic jack, so ringer sound is very low. now I have to buy Ringer booster :-0

thanks

VB