News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Switch help WE 500 L/M

Started by JOBO55, October 28, 2011, 01:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOBO55

Newbie here. I tried searching for this but had no luck. I have had this WE 500 for quite some time and yesterday I decided to open it up. I found the switch hook contacts detached and laying under the dial. I believe it's all here I just don't know how it goes back together. Any help/pictures would be greatly appreciated.

JOBO55

HarrySmith

Hi and welcome! That is not the contacts, they are still mounted where they should be, those plastic pieces are what operates the contacts, they are a little difficult to reinstall correctly. You need to start by removing the dial to get better access. That is done simply by loosening the 2 screws, one on each side and lifting it off the mount. If you look at the contacts and the switchook arm from the front you can see the slot where the plastic part goes. If you search some pictures of 500 here you could probably find a clear picture of how they fit. If not I will try to open a 500 and put up a picture later.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Kenny C

JOBO55,
I e-mailed you some pictures of a 500 set switch. Hope it helped.

Kenny C.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

GG

Or you could just get another 500 that's in known-good condition and compare the two, as a guide to how to fit those pieces back together.

It's a slightly fiddly job but not too difficult.  You need to be GENTLE when working with those parts because you don't want to snap them. 

Now everyone around here will tell you what happens when you get another 500 and leave the two of them in a room for a while.  Yes, they tend to multiply overnight.

JOBO55

Thanks all. Kenny C., those pics are perfect thank you. I'll give it a try the next time I'm in need of complete frustration.

JOBO55

@HarrySmith, I mounted the contacts there and I was trying to figure out how the plastic operators went and I couldn't figure out if they would go back while the contacts were in place or not, there seems to be a "trick" I'm missing. Thanks though, I'll give it another shot when my bell system alcoholic shakes diminish.

JOBO55

Okay, I got that working now on to the ringer...

JOBO55

Found the diagram and instructions from the forum and now the ringer works !! Only thing left is finding a mouth piece transmitter, I know I used to have one but I moved recently and if I still have it I have no clue of where it would be....on to ebay I guess.

Thanks for being here