News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Perfect Summer Phone, Yellow 302

Started by persido, July 09, 2014, 01:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persido

Just finished putting together this plastic Polane painted 302, I've never been crazy about yellow telephones, but I decided to see how a 302 would look in yellow, it's not as cool looking as a blue 302, but I think it makes the phone perfect for a bright sunny room.

Scot

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, this phone surprised me. I never thought a yellow 302 would look good, but this one certainly does. Nice job!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

twocvbloke

It's definitely a much more subtle and acceptable yellow than the typical British Telecom yellow from the 1980s, like my linesman phone, or this 8100R "Ambassador" below... ;D

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

jsowers

Scot, this is outstanding work! What really makes it for me is the yellow masked card on the dial. You did a great job.

Do you mind revealing what this was before it was painted? I think I see a groove on the handset, but it's very faint. The cords--are they from OPW? The color is perfect and your pictures show the phone off well too. If parts were more available, you could sell these.
Jonathan

Doug Rose

Scot....another winner....take a picture of all of the 302 colors together,,,great job,,,,Doug
Kidphone

persido

Thank you everyone, The shell was in bad shape, I will not paint a shell that is in good shape, the polane paint hides a lot of the defects on a bad shell, the handset is just a regular f1, and yes the cords are from OPW (I waited 2 months for the cords). 
Below is a 202 I just finished, now got to find a subset.....again thanks everyone for the kind words.

Scot

WesternElectricBen

That's a stunning blue 202.. It would look fantastic with a blue subset or a nicely painted black/wood.

Ben