News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Order that Posts Display in?

Started by Steve, November 02, 2014, 10:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Hey all, when clicking on a topic, the posts inside are running from newest at the top to oldest at the bottom.

is this a setting I can change?
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

AE_Collector

Yes it is!

On the thin blue bar near the top of each page Click "Profile", "Account Settings", Click on "Modify Profile" (even though it is already highlited), select "Look and Layout" from the drop down list, deselect  the ninth radio button down the list called "Show most recent posts at the top" and then click the "Change Profile" button at the bottom right of the page.

Terry

PS: Great to see you stop in here Steve! One of the very original CRPF members from 2008. I remember your "Hi, I'm Back" post from 2012 and now you're back again!

The forum software had a major upgrade awhile back which I believe changed the default order the post sort in for many members.

TelePlay

This is where Terry is directing you. Your box is probably checked. Unchecked, as is shown  here, puts the newest posts at the bottom.

Steve

Looks like that did it. Thanks.

AE_Collector, I remember you, you joined when I was still active. nice to see you again.

the forum has really grown the last few years.looks good!

are there many older members still here?
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

tptech302

Maybe a simple answer to this, but when logged in post in a thread are shown newest to oldest, but when not logged in they are shown oldest to newest, is there a way to chose when logged in?

Jack Ryan

Under Profile -> Account Settings

Then under Modify Profile -> Look and Layout

There is a check box for "Show most recent posts at the top"

Jack

NorthernElectric

Jack already described it while I was making screen shots, so here they are:

Cliff

NorthernElectric

PS.  Thanks for asking this question.  I have been meaning to look and see if there was a setting to display your post after posting instead of going back to the index, but never got around to it.  There is such a setting, now here's my opportunity to try it out.  :)
Cliff