News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring schematics and BSP manuals....

Started by Babybearjs, October 31, 2019, 08:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well, today I finally went to staples and got me a wall mount file holder for the paperwork on my system. how many of you have and keep paperwork about your system nearby and handy? In the event the property is ever sold, its a good thing to have reference material for the next person... what do you all think of that?
John

andre_janew

Good idea.  Not only for the next owner, but for you as well.  You might have problems in the future and not remember how you wired it up.  Hopefully it will answer the question: "How did I wire this sh*t up so it would work?"

Babybearjs

Exactly! that's why I did it.... trying to remember what I did is something I'm really good at! go to fix something and, Oops! what the hell did I do?? this way, I have a nice reference at   hand to refresh my memory!
John

Key2871

Agreed, having this information handy is key to resolving trouble with your system.
As for the future home owner, I've not met on person who left a key system installed in a home they bought.
Every one has just gone back with simple wiring for single line service.
That's a nice gesture, but is it needed for them?
Unless they are also telephone geeks, not likely.
Besides wouldn't you want to take your system with you?
I always have, and I've had a few types, from EKS to standard 1A2. I have always returned the wiring back to standard service wire.
In fact when I sold my last house, the new owners requested it, So they didn't have to deal with it. Because when my house was showed I had my 1A2 up and running, and they had no clue what do do with it if I left it behind.
KEN

RB

I try to document all my work.
Primarily, it is all off the cuff stuff to begin with, so, there prob is no accurate info pre existing any way.
Oh, and did I mention...I am old too, so any written info is a plus for me.
I have an excellent filing system!
But my retrieval system sucks.
So writing it all down helps when a later inquiry produces a scooby moment.

Babybearjs

LOL! yeh, I know what you mean. I'm in the process of documenting 3 WE 208A KTU's and the wiring. It's a mess trying to design another spreadsheet for this... but, it keeps me busy!
John