News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What type of dial is this?

Started by jglad, May 31, 2015, 08:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jglad

I have this dial on my TP6a phone.  Who manufactured it?

G-Man

Quote from: jglad on May 31, 2015, 08:04:31 PM
I have this dial on my TP6a phone.  Who manufactured it?
To be certain, show a photo of the back with the nomenclature numbers [such as TA-45/GT or TA-45B/GT]

LarryInMichigan

That dial was made by Federal Telephone and Radio Corp (FTR).  They were used on many Signal Corps phones from various manufacturers.

Larry

G-Man

It could be either the FTR (the model number for which I already posted) or another dial since several versions were used on this set. To be certain simply post a photo of the backside of the dial.

rdelius

Jack Ryan

It is an ITT (Federal) dial.

Jack

G-Man

Either an FTR TA-45B/GT or a Signal Corps clone of it. Taking a look at the backside of the dial would verify which but that seems to be too easy.

dsk

It has to be a close relative to thedials usen in phones made in Antwerp, or even here by Elektrisk bureau and STK (Norwegian STC) later ITT.

dsk

Jack Ryan

Quote from: dsk on June 01, 2015, 01:23:16 PM
It has to be a close relative to thedials usen in phones made in Antwerp, or even here by Elektrisk bureau and STK (Norwegian STC) later ITT.

Dsk,

I believe that the dial I posted is the dial in question. Your comment relates to the dial I posted and yes, it is a close relative the the original BTMC 7000 series dial. This version has been redesigned with a US mount so that it can be used with the original 7000 series mount or the US mount. It was used by Federal - mostly in the Americas.

Jack

paul-f

Here's one that was found with Federal's US military packaging.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line