News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My antique three slot CAME ALIVE - with Stan's coin controller. 😃

Started by shortrackskater, January 27, 2017, 08:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shortrackskater

I finally did it - I bought the soon controller made by Stan. I am EXTREMELY happy with this purchase and now my phone works like it's supposed to. This device is incredibly well made and designed. It as easy to install. Stan includes detailed instructions and plenty of information. Even the shipping was impeccable! It took me about 5 minutes to install... and a few more on the phone with Stan, as I had two minor wiring issues that were easily resolve. I can't say enough about this. I would highly recommend this to anyone with a payphone. Otherwise, they're DEAD without one! This was worth every penny.
Mark J.

Pourme

That is good to hear. I would love to have one for my pay phone.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

I got my coin controller this week, going to hook it up to my 1962 NE 233H. Just have to get the 1963 NE 685A Subset hooked up. I'm looking forward to using it with the controller. Since I live in Canada, I had mine shipped to a friend's in North Carolina. Another friend was coming back from Florida who is also a friend of his, stopped in NC for a visit and brought it back for me. I saved on shipping big time.

mentalstampede

Looks like a great device. I've got one on my shopping list for when I manage to find the parts that are missing from my LPC-72-55.
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Stan S

Kenn
Your bench looks just like mine. Things exist in layers.
Stan S.

Quote from: Stan S on April 10, 2017, 08:26:44 AM
Kenn
Your bench looks just like mine. Things exist in layers.
Stan S.

Yes Stan, it can get out of hand at times.

CDN Doug

Stan S

Sorry
I meant Doug.
Actually your work space looks NEAT compared to mine.
The only time my bench gets cleaned is when I spill a 20oz cup of coffee on it.
Stan S.

shortrackskater

Stan did you spill your coffee when you got the forth e mail from me being so darn confused about a line cable and the coupler??? 
;D ;D ;D ;D
Mark J.

shortrackskater

It's a fun game, especially with LIVING payphones! :)
Here's my "final" picture of both the AE and the NE connected to ONE CONTROLLER. I just used a two to one plug in the back, made an extension cable (after some confusion) and mounted my most recent Northern Electric touch tone on the wall, between two slot machines. You can see it on the right in the distance. The controller is on the left and it fits nicely on top of a coin can.
Mark J.

Stan S

Mark
Is that a Mills Vest Pocket in the shadows below the Northern?
Stan S.

shortrackskater

Mark J.

shortrackskater

I painted it about two years ago with the spray can hammertone from Home Depot. It's scratching off in some spots. Still looks good but I may redo it later. And I still have new reel strips I must get on eventually. It works perfectly though. I have about 5 more of these things in various states of disrepair. One works but slowly. Another jams and the rest are not complete. I can probably make two more from parts.
Does this forum have an "other hobbies" section? I'll have to look. It might be fun to move this over there and I can post more pictures of my Vest Pockets and some oddities like the "win meter" and the locking cash door I have on one of them. 
Mark J.