News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Identify make/model/value of this phone

Started by levinll, April 25, 2019, 03:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levinll

Purchased this at an auction. I love old items. Just curious whether this item is worth more than what I paid for it.

Was thinking about rewiring it, but my electrician friend said I need replacement wire. Any idea where to purchase such wire ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

rdelius

The handset is Leich. The set appears to possbily Ericssion Telephones Ltd from England but used in Canada

HarrySmith

I cannot help with identifying it but I can tell you that Old Phone Works will have replacement cords. You will need to determine how many conductors you need, how many wires are in the cord. Go to WWW.oldphoneworks.com or contact Mazda Matt here, he works there. Matt has also offered all member here a 10% discount, topic here: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=17220.0
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

levinll

Would I need to remove the cover of the phone to accurately determine the manufacturer.

HarrySmith

That would help. If you open it up and get some good pictures of the insides, top & bottom, someone should be able to identify it. You will also need to see inside to determine the correct number of conductors for your cords.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

SunriseEarth

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 25, 2019, 05:08:22 PM
I cannot help with identifying it but I can tell you that Old Phone Works will have replacement cords. You will need to determine how many conductors you need, how many wires are in the cord. Go to WWW.oldphoneworks.com or contact Mazda Matt here, he works there. Matt has also offered all member here a 10% discount, topic here: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=17220.0

I'll 2nd OPW as a source for replacement cords.  I recently purchased cords for my Galion phone from them.  I may get another one and update the cord on my SC 1212.

And yes, I'd recommend opening the phone and handset to see how many connectors are needed for the replacement cord. 
Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893

RB

I am not sure... :-\
But that may be a victor???
I have a couple, and they look kinda like yours on the inside.
I been meanin to ask some of our Brit friends about these phones. :)
How they compare to what was out in the U.S. at the same time. ???
Don't see many in my cyber travels.
I like the simplicity of these phones, very clean/simple construction.
Oh, and ...Small... not a horse. Great for a migration if needed.
Oops, sorry purists, I am project oriented. :)

FABphones

N91708 schematic for this phone below (apol for poor quality, I need to get better photo software!)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

RB

levinll

I volunteer at a local food share last night. I didn't get a chance to do the "great reveal".

Will try and do this tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

RB

levinll

Here are some photos of the inside

andre_janew

I recently bought a phone for $20 plus $20.80 shipping.  It could be a Northern Electric Uniphone or a North Electric phone.  Here is the link: www.ebay.com/itm/223486289934