News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Google Chrome

Started by Doug Rose, August 14, 2013, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I am always having trouble with Internet Exporer switching back and forth with Mozilla Firefox but never really happy with either.

I tried Google Chrome and I think I am in love  :-* Its only been a few days....maybe infatuation  ::)  Give it a try....It's Fast!!!...Doug
Kidphone

dencins

I switched from IE9 to Chrome about a month ago and I agree it is much faster.  Also IE9 would not play some Yahoo videos that Chrome will play.  It took me a few days to get used to the differences with Chrome but once I figured out how to import IE9 Favorites into Chrome as Bookmarks, I was all set.

Dennis Hallworth

WesternElectricBen

I ONLY use google chrome. I never use IE or Firefox unless on one of my older machines not used daily.

GC is quicker, easy to use, and more clean. And you can build apon it in features.

I use to like safari but I really like chrome in my macs and PC's.

Ben

twocvbloke

Did they ever clear up that clause in the Ts & Cs about them being allowed to harvest & sell people's data when they use Chrome? ???

That's pretty much the reason I haven't ever installed Chrome, writing in a clause that by contract allowed them to do that cos nobody ever reads the terms and just accept them as they are... :o

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: twocvbloke on August 14, 2013, 06:39:44 PM
Did they ever clear up that clause in the Ts & Cs about them being allowed to harvest & sell people's data when they use Chrome? ???

That's pretty much the reason I haven't ever installed Chrome, writing in a clause that by contract allowed them to do that cos nobody ever reads the terms and just accept them as they are... :o

My aunts a lawer, she has google chrom, and she does read the terms etc.

Ben

ldj1002

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on August 14, 2013, 06:44:57 PM

Ben

OK so she read the terms etc. Did you ask her about the terms? Maybe she just don't care

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: ldj1002 on August 15, 2013, 09:35:49 PM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on August 14, 2013, 06:44:57 PM

Ben

OK so she read the terms etc. Did you ask her about the terms? Maybe she just don't care

This was a while ago, I think she cares not sure though.

Ben

MagicMo

Chrome is:
hash tag.............AWESOME!
Practice Kindness :)

MDK

I am using a Chromium-based browser called Iron. It's essentially Chrome without Google, and supposedly a bit more secure. I won't go back to IE.

TelePlay

Never heard of Iron but it's easily found with a Google search. Here's one link to it:

http://download.cnet.com/SRWare-Iron/3000-2356_4-10889248.html

WesternElectricBen

Cannot use iron on a Mac, where you can use Chrome on, PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone.

Ben

MDK

Chromium (the non-Google branded browser) is essentially the same as Iron, and is available for Mac. Chromium has been around since before Google put their stamp on it.

TelePlay

Quote from: MDK on August 17, 2013, 02:52:43 PM
Chromium (the non-Google branded browser) is essentially the same as Iron, and is available for Mac. Chromium has been around since before Google put their stamp on it.

As an FYI: The "Chromium" link seems to be broken, does not work, at least for me on my computer.

DavePEI

Quote from: TelePlay on August 17, 2013, 03:28:22 PM
Quote from: MDK on August 17, 2013, 02:52:43 PM

As an FYI: The "Chromium" link seems to be broken, does not work, at least for me on my computer.
Try:

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/36244/chromium
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Greg G.

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 14, 2013, 10:53:47 AM
I am always having trouble with Internet Exporer switching back and forth with Mozilla Firefox but never really happy with either.

I tried Google Chrome and I think I am in love  :-* Its only been a few days....maybe infatuation  ::)  Give it a try....It's Fast!!!...Doug

Doug - I switched to Chrome some time ago and haven't looked back:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4894.0
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e