"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Google Chrome

Started by Doug Rose, August 14, 2013, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Quote from: TelePlay on August 16, 2013, 06:37:48 PM
Never heard of Iron but it's easily found with a Google search. Here's one link to it:

http://download.cnet.com/SRWare-Iron/3000-2356_4-10889248.html

I took a quick look at it and like what I see.  I really like Chrome, but I've always been a little wary of Googles "snooping" on my browsing habits.  But I don't see an extension for Iron for the Roboform Toolbar.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

MDK

I've never had any problems with any plugins in Iron. Chrome plugins should all work. Themes too.

Greg G.

Quote from: MDK on August 31, 2013, 04:41:22 PM
I've never had any problems with any plugins in Iron. Chrome plugins should all work. Themes too.

I had to unpack the Roboform extension, but first I had to find it.  I imagine I'll have to do the same with the other extensions.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Just re-installed Adblock, imported my bookmarks, changed the theme to the one I was using in Chrome, just need to add a few more extensions and add-on's which I'll do one or two at a time, so I'm an Iron user now!
- Mike Row
e

WesternElectricBen

Adblock is a great thing, though I don't like that on the phone forum (this one) it shows a big empty box where a Add would go.

Ben

Greg G.

Quote from: Brinybay on September 07, 2013, 09:29:57 PM
Just re-installed Adblock, imported my bookmarks, changed the theme to the one I was using in Chrome, just need to add a few more extensions and add-on's which I'll do one or two at a time, so I'm an Iron user now!

Sorry to say Iron started acting buggy on me so I went back to Chrome.
- Mike Row
e