News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Busy Saturday!

Started by compubit, February 25, 2017, 10:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

It's been a busy Saturday around my place. 2 separate phone projects - 1 easy and one a little more involved.

First up is getting a Comkey 416 Master running. Got it working on 1 Line (I only had 1 punch down line at the time) and only have 1 phone (had a slav phone back in the 80s, but it's long gone). Good news that it works.

Second is getting a $29 551B KSU working. The power supply is working and I put some 400-series KTU cards in the box. I'm able to connect an outside line and 2 phones (using a KS-19252 splitter). Hold works, lines light up and 1 phone rings (believe the ringer is hardwired to L1). Now I can test my growing collection of 1A2 equipment. Next step is to finish wiring all 4 lines - and maybe get an external intercom unit - and get ringing working (unit has a 118B Frequency Generator).

Maybe even do a 25 pair run from the basement when I renovate my kitchen... ;-)

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

AE_Collector

Yeah that's one of my "One Day" projects around here as well. I have had various Electronic Key Systems with up to 3 working CO lines at my house in the past but I have more than enough AKT (AE Term - Automatic Key Telephone) Phones, cable and equipment to "downgrade" the whole house to 10A2 (another AE number, 10A2 = 1A2).

One day!

Terry