News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

RTT 72 from Belgium

Started by LM Ericsson, July 18, 2019, 12:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM Ericsson

Purchased this phone off ebay last week and received it two days ago. These are the photos as I received it. It only needs just a clean and polish which will be an easy restoration for me. Everything is intact and just a few light scratches. At first, I thought the dial center was missing, but found out it was still intact, minus the dial card.
Regards,
-Grayson

LM Ericsson

Continued...
Regards,
-Grayson

RB

countryman

Isn't the logo just "RTT" for  Regie der Telegraaf en Telefoon/Regie de Telegraphe et Telephone?

Anyway, thanks for showing and congrats for a purchase in good condition. It's time to care for this and other types of "grey mice". Soon they might be rarer than bakelite or the hard-to-avoid kettle phones.

If you have info, like wiring diagrams, production dates,... please add! There seems to be nothing on the web about this phone.

tubaman

Agree that it's an RTT logo. Looks like it's made by ATEA from the bell coil. Still using an AE pattern dial too.
I must admit I tend to pass over phones like this as a bit too modern for me, but I may need to reconsider as I agree with @countryman that they could soon be rare things.
:)

LarryInMichigan

Mine looks very similar, but the bottom piece is a dark ivory color and stamped "RTT 72 B" on the bottom.  The piece which activates the hook switch on mine is clear plastic, not metal.  I am guessing that mine is probably slightly newer.

Larry

Jack Ryan

Quote from: LM Ericsson on July 18, 2019, 12:30:03 AM
Continued...

Looks like the dial off normal springs are shorted at the connections.

Jack

Western Bell

Quote from: Jack Ryan on July 18, 2019, 08:12:24 PM
Looks like the dial off normal springs are shorted at the connections.

Is this what you are referring to, the possible short?

Jack Ryan

Quote from: Western Bell on July 18, 2019, 10:58:32 PM
Is this what you are referring to, the possible short?

Yes, that's it. It may not be at the moment but it looks like it is busting to.

Jack

LM Ericsson

Thanks for pointing that out! I probably wouldn't have noticed until I tested the phone.
Regards,
-Grayson

LM Ericsson

Here is also a picture of the wiring diagram. I will later post a scanned version for the wiring diagram thread.
Regards,
-Grayson

Jack Ryan

Interesting that there is no automatic line length compensation.

Jack