News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gray Telephone Photos

Started by paul-f, September 03, 2010, 11:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Love the metal dial ring, I have seen these on AE's, but  didn't know they made them on SC's.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

I have one of those Stromberg Carlsons in Dark Gray.  It's not new in the box but it is a nice phone.  Like with a lot of the older phones the dial bezel has aged differently than the rest of the phone.  This one has a Bakelite handset rather than plastic.

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jester

Those are very nice SC wall phones, gentleman!  Dennis, is your 1553 an exact match to WE Oxford Gray, or is it a shade or two lighter?
Stephen

paul-f

While we're on the subject of Stromberg Carlson, here are some old photos from my site -- A 1575 keuset and 1583 speakerphone.

The photos were taken at the max resolution of my first digital camera: 320 x 240.  I should have kept that camera as an example of early technology.  It was an Intel camera that was tethered to the computer!  Part of the camera circuitry was actually on the ISA card inside the computer.  It was like having a B1 hooked to a subset.  Needless to say, that was in the last century and several cameras and computers ago.  (Yikes!  They may be older than some of the forum members!)

I really need to dig out those phones and take some new photos!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dennis Markham

Stephen, I'll have to pull it out and compare the colors.  They're a close match, and of course there may be some color darkening because of age/light.

paul-f

Here's a gray Touch Tone Ericofon...

paul-f

While looking through SC photos for another topic I found this photo of an SC 1573.

rdelius

Better shot of a SC 1575.I rewired these with amphonal connectors for 1A2 use.
Robby

paul-f

Nice. 

I should add a few more line cards to my KSU and wire some up.  I' don't remember seeing the SC keysets lit.

rdelius

A SC 1544. Do not know what this set was for. Potted network does not have a full set of connections compared to a SC 1543
Robby

paul-f

According to a replacement parts catalog, T-1114 issue 2, the 1543 and its variations are the standard single line sets. The 1544 was "without the ringer and coil-capacitor assembly.  ... Used as an extension set or as a PBX operator's telephone."

It would be interesting to see a photo of the inside of the set.

mienaichizu

grey phone that I have

McHeath

Nice Ramil!  Thats a German phone isn't it?

paul-f

That's a strikingly different phone!

Remco's site identifies it as a Siemens & Halske type Fg tist 282 T.
  http://www.telefoonmuseum.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47:1930-1960&catid=20:telefoons--telephones&Itemid=20

(An internet search will lead you to more photos.)