News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AECo SPACE SAVER Rotary Wall Phone

Started by Contempra, December 04, 2014, 08:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

The AE 183 Space Savers are one of my favourite AE's of the era. Back when phones didn't all look alike!

Here is the text from the eBay listing and a picture as a few months after an eBay listing ends the link goes dead and no one will be able to see this information in the future. I always love peoples descriptions of phones without ringers or without dials on eBay

since these do not have ringers.  These were used for calling out only.

Apparently you aren't allowed to answer a call on this phone since the ringing isn't emanating from this phone. Maybe this Telco had a lower price per month if you had only a single phone without a ringer so that you could only make calls and would never know you were receiving a call.

I get a dial tone, but I can not dial out.

This monthly charge must ave been real low as it cant make OR receive calls.

Terry

AEOC wall mount space saver telephone from the 1960s.  The tan plastic is in very good condition.  There are some scratches on the very front of the lower section.  No cracks.  Some sun fading.  Great mid-century space age design.  Both cords are in good condition.  Only one BLACK and one RED wire for hook up since these do not have ringers.  These were used for calling out only.  Dial turns smooth, but returns a little slow.  Overall good condition with some wear and age.

When the black and red wires are connected to the black and red telephone connections, I get a dial tone, but I can not dial out.  All I have to connect to is through my cable telephone.  No hard line to test on.