News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My First Auction Listing.

Started by Dan/Panther, April 15, 2009, 07:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Here is a link to my first auction listing.

http://tinyurl.com/db25bb
( dead link 04-12-22 )

Take it easy on me, and I will correct any errors if you find one.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

I like the way you numbered the photos so that you could point out things in each.  Very nice touch

There is, however, a glaring error... You apparently forgot to put in the $5 buy it now for forum members. :P
= DARRIN =

McHeath

Nicely done.  I too like the numbers for the pics, that's a good touch and also the good explanations for a phone nutter like me are great. 

Is this the phone that you repainted the base on?

Dennis Markham

Dan, your listing and the work you did is very good.  I noticed your flat rate box price..I think they just increased it.....it may be $13.95 now (the large flat rate box) or a little more.

Dan/Panther

Yes this is the one I'ver repainted.

Dennis;
I corrected the flat rate price.
I wasn't sure of the price on flat rate. I was going to offer free shipping if the price exceeded a predetermined amount, but thought I shouldn't as this would senD a message as to what I might think the phone would be worth.

How about free shipping after $500.00 ?? It could happen... ::)

I will say that if the person winning is a  Forum member I will give 10% discount on winning bid. If you mention  you are a member.

D/P

AET

WOW D/P!!!  This is one of the best phone listings I've ever seen if not the best!  Very in depth and very good pics!  Congrats on a fine listing!
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Tom;
Thank you for the very kind words, I really hoped to at least double my money.
If I don't get a few bids I will be very bummed.
D/P

McHeath

If the price gets to 15,000 you should hand deliver it with a large pizza included at no extra cost.   ;)

Bet it brings a good price.

contraste

If only all Ebay listings were so thorough and detailed.

Good luck with the sale!

Dan/Panther

McHeath, Contraste;
I only hope that the effort pays off.
I tried to list what I would want to know. I had more to say and more photos but I wasn't allowed any more. I nhad 17 photos and a list of waht to say, it was very hard to eliminate 5 photos. 2 were extreme close up with the dtaes showingf, I just figjured people would hsave to trust that what I said was what they really are. If not, I'm sure the buyer would be all over me if I lied. So they were 3 of the ones I dropped. Another was aclose up of the handset cord, and the last one was a bacxk view with the receiver off the hook.

D/P

Tonyrotary

Great job on that listing! Very detailed and great photos. I just might have to talk to the wife and bid on it. Like others have said if only other listings were this good. I think your effort will pay off for sure.

JimH

Nice Job!  What did you use for a white background?
Jim H.

Dan/Panther

I made the light box, and purchased several different colors of poster board. The set up works great.
D/P

Dan

I love how you stated Lucy used different phones! You are a trailblazer, trying to wipe this Lucy phone nonsense from the face of the earth!

I saw a 302 on "Leave it to Beaver", but a "Beaverphone" is just a little to graphic to me  ;D
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan

What was your rationale starting the bidding @ $49, instead of 9.95 with a reserve of $49?

Often I'll bid up a phone to see what the reserve is, out of curiousity sake. Great display of pictures, you are our own forum "finlover."
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright