News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What Am I Missing Here? $127 for a 302?

Started by LarryInMichigan, April 19, 2010, 09:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

What about this 302 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330423360597) makes it worth $127.50?  It doesn't even have the original cords.  My 302 is older and looks better.  Is this just another one of those ebay mysteries?  Does the seller's warranty make a big difference?

Larry

Phonesrfun

It was a good marketing job.  Lots of BS and a lot of nice photos.  For me, all that, including the warranty mean nothing, because, well.... I can fix them and resore them myself.

My 2 cents.
-Bill G

LarryInMichigan

I'll admit that the seller did a good job of photographing the phone, but the photos show nicks in the shell, a well-worn finger wheel, and scratches on the dial face.  For that kind of money for a 302, I would demand perfection. 

Larry

Dennis Markham

Nothing special about that phone.  I'm not a big fan of those handset cords...with the long stubby part sticking out of the handset.

Phonesrfun

I just noticed the crimp-on spade tips for the line cord.  Looks like #12 gauge crimp-ons from an auto parts store.  They should have used ones that are made for the size of wire.  Not only would it have looked far more professional, but the larger ones have a tendancy of coming loose.
-Bill G

Dennis Markham

I noticed those too Bill...they do look bad on there.  But probably most people don't know or care about what's "under the hood".