News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

#212 KTU issues

Started by Babybearjs, June 19, 2014, 03:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I need some help with my system... just recently, the incoming ring signal to my unit started to fail... when the line is rung, the "R" relay seizes and starts the flash mode on the system... this has stopped... I pulled the unit and found a brown gummy substance coming from all 3 of the 2uf capacitors... is the unit dying? or is there a connection gone bad....when a call is placed on hold, the wink circuit works right, but the lamp flash does not engage when the line is called... I verified all my connections and they seem to be correct based on the schematics that are out. I'm constantly looking at the LK, HA, TO, and CO connections to make sure they are connected right.... I even jumped terminals 27A-37A to make sure the wink circuit was working right. also, when a call is placed on hold the other lights glow dim...I checked my ground lead on one of my phones, and that is suspect....as when I remove my LG lead it has no effect on the lamps...they all still work, and this doesn't make sense. I removed the common ground bar from the lamp strip and just attached the LG lead to one lamp and it did not work....open ground?? what else should I be looking at.... now, I wish I had another 212KTU to use as backup....
John

Babybearjs

one of the problems have been fixed.... the TO connection to the 210 was missing....now with that fixed the circuit is working.... but now I have no dial tone on line 1, though there is a dial tone at the wall jack.....I'm looking at my DSL filter, though when bypassed the problem is still present. and to make matter worse, I put a toner on the line and was getting a signal though it... then tried again and it didn't work.... loos wire, bad toner or what?? troubleshooting is so frustrating when things don't work right....   
John

Babybearjs

I ordered another unit from Cliff Sullivan, came today... Brand NEW in the original box! dated: 09/67!  will be used as a spare! Thank you Cliff!
John